13943Fw: HCV Advocate Email Alert

  • Donald Christ
    Nov 19, 2013

      ----- Forwarded Message -----
      From: www.hcvadvocate.org <root@...>
      To: emailalert@...
      Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 1:21 PM
      Subject: HCV Advocate Email Alert

      November 19, 2013
      Bookmark and Share

        HCV
      »
      Follow us on
      Twitter

      HCVAdvocate

      Join us on Facebook
      Hcvadvocate Hcsp

      Greetings:
      I hope that everyone has been following the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (AASLD) Conference. Some of cure rates reported at the conference were very encouraging and with shorter treatment durations and a lot less side effects. Check our blog for the latest information from AASLD as well as other important information.

      Yesterday, AbbVie released data from their first of six Phase 3 studies—HCV genotype 1 treatment-naïve patients who were treated for 12 weeks with AbbVie's 3 direct-acting antivirals plus ribavirin. AbbVie reported cure rates of 95% (307 of 322 patients) in genotype 1a and 98% (148 of 151 patients) cure rate in genotype 1b. Awesome results in this trial and many of the trials reported on at AASLD.
      Peace,
      Alan

      1. AASLD 2013 Be sure to check out our coverage of AASLD 2013. HCV; HBV!

      2. We have recently updated many of our HCSP Fact Series Fact Sheets. Check them out here!

      3. Hope for the Best; Plan for Otherwise, by Jacques Chambers, CLU. Be sure to check out this very important article about getting an effective letter from your phyician to support your claim for disability.

      4. We have recently updated our Top Ten documents that were viewed on the HCV and HBV Advocate Websites – find out what others are reading regarding viral hepatitis.

      HBV —Among the top ten are:
      • How to Interpret Hepatitis B Antibody & Viral Tests
      • What Is HBV DNA and How Is It Measured?
      • Hepatitis Basics: Hepatitis B Antigen and Antibody Tests
      • and for those newly diagnosed—HBV: Testing Positive for Hepatitis B, Now What?

      HCV —HCV's top ten include English and Spanish Fact Sheets and Guides:
      • Treatment Side Effect Management
      • Hepatitis and Disability
      • November 2013 edition of the HCV Advocate newsletter
      • Pocket Guide
      • First Steps with HCV — for the Newly Diagnosed
      among others.

      5. Clinical Trials Postings: Updated—November 14, 2013
      Be sure to check out the latest clinical trial postings at the HCV Advocate News & Pipeline Blog. Just click on the links to the Drug Companies at the top and to see which drugs are in trials right now, where the trials are, and how to register for one.
      -----------------------------------

      Don’t forget that there is help as close as a phone call – the 877-HELP-4-HEP line (877-435-7443) is available 9:00am to 7:00pm Eastern Time.  For more information about the services they offer either call or visit their Website at http://www.help4hep.org/  The helpline is run by The Support Partnership:  a group of non-profits working together to help people affected by hepatitis C.

      6. Top News (Blog) from the HCV Advocate News & Pipeline Blog includes:

       and much, much more…..

      Sincerely,
      Alan

      Alan Franciscus
      Executive Director, Hepatitis C Support Project
      Editor-in-Chief, HCV Advocate http://www.hcvadvocate.org/
      Editor-in-Chief, HBV Advocate http://www.hbvadvocate.org/

      Questions and Comments: If you have questions or comments please do not reply to this email. Questions and/or comments can be directed to alanfranciscus@...
      Make sure that your email address is all lower case.
      emailalert: Make sure your email address is all lower case.

        HBV
      »
      »
      »