90Text and Email Notifications for ARES Nets

  • n5csu
    Mar 16, 2014
      I'm pleased to announce that Henderson County ARES now has the capability to send a text message and/or email notification to you for ARES nets and drills. If we open a net for severe weather or other emergency, you'll immediately receive a short text message to your smartphone. You can also sign up for email notification.

      Only Net Control Stations will have the access code to send a message, and will only be used for net activation and once each month prior to our training net (3rd Saturday at 8 a.m.)

      There is no cost to you (unless you are charged for text messages to your phone). The service is provided by a nationwide company named RainedOut, in use by Red Cross, US Army and many others. It offers its service free to non-profits.

      To sign up, click on the URL below and enter your ten digit phone number. You'll receive a test text to your phone and you'll be all set up! Note: you'll then be asked if you want to add additional groups; we don't have any.

      Once you're signed up with your phone, you can repeat the process with an email address if you want.

       Short URL: http://bit.ly/1hVXuUF