Hello

  • Cheryl
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 11, 2009
      Hi, I'm Cheryl.

      I just joined this group.

      I love making jewelry and want to learn how to make hemp jewelry. I have been having a difficult time finding instruction booklets in the stores. I don't want to buy sight unseen over the internet.

      what book would you recommend to someone learning how to make hemp jewelry?
    • krati@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 14, 2009
        I would reccomend you just look at the pattens that are free in the FILES sectionof this group. There's a whole bunch of FREE patterns, and once you learn the basics, you can wing it from there. Also, you could google/bing macrame or help pattern or HOW-TO and find many many other patterns aswell. The internet is such a great resource you actually don't need to buy a book. I have bought a few books about it, and rented some from the library, but this group has been a better resource than any book.
        = )
        Happy knotting!

        ~Katie
        Milton, WV

      • whitney gourdin
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 18, 2009
          I would recommend a book I got off of amazon called Macrame'

          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 19, 2009
            Kewl! Who is the author?

            Shanti Johnson
            www.lotusinthemud.com

            On Dec 18, 2009, at 5:59 PM, whitney gourdin <firespunmurk@...> wrote:

            I would recommend a book I got off of amazon called Macrame'

            I love making jewelry and want to learn how to make hemp jewelry. I have been having a difficult time finding instruction booklets in the stores. I don't want to buy sight unseen over the internet.

            what book would you recommend to someone learning how to make hemp jewelry?

          • Cheryl Nall
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 19, 2009
              thanks.  it is kinda funny because I just got home from Michaels and I bought a book while I was there.  But I will keep the information because this booklet looks like I will outgrow it quick.

              Cheryl

              From: Cheryl <cherylspurplecow@ yahoo.com>

              To: Hemp_and_Macrame_ Jewelry_Pattern_ Trading@yahoogro ups.com

              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 19, 2009
                I recommend "Hemp Masters Getting Knotty" by Max Lunger it's available at Fire Mountain Gems. I also highly recommend the Fire Mountain gems hemp cord. I recently switched to it from Hobby Lobby cord and there is a universe worth of difference between the two.

                Liam Boyle
                Happy Hippiebilly

                ________________________________
                I would recommend a book I got off of amazon called Macrame'

                I love making jewelry and want to learn how to make hemp jewelry. I have been having a difficult time finding instruction booklets in the stores. I don't want to buy sight unseen over the internet.

                what book would you recommend to someone learning how to make hemp jewelry?

              • starwatch194741
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 25, 2010
                  Hello I was wandering do you know any good sites for macrame patterns. thank you

                  --- In Hemp_and_Macrame_Jewelry_Pattern_Trading@yahoogroups.com, Liam Boyle <draegondaddy@...> wrote:

                  > I recommend "Hemp Masters Getting Knotty" by Max Lunger it's available at Fire Mountain Gems. I also highly recommend the Fire Mountain gems hemp cord. I recently switched to it from Hobby Lobby cord and there is a universe worth of difference between the two.
                  >
                  > Liam Boyle
                  > Happy Hippiebilly
                  >

                  > ________________________________

                • CJ MOSHER
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 26, 2010
                    http://www.elainecraft.com/instructions/cordlengths.html

                    http://www.free-macrame-patterns.com/learn-macrame.html i just use hemp

                    http://macrame_1.tripod.com/index.html

                    hopes these help

                    We will be friends until we are old and senile.
                    Then......... we will be new friends!

                    To: Hemp_and_Macrame_Jewelry_Pattern_Trading@yahoogroups.com
                    From: starwatch194741@...
                    Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 02:27:31 +0000

                    Hello I was wandering do you know any good sites for macrame patterns. thank you

                    --- In Hemp_and_Macrame_Jewelry_Pattern_Trading@yahoogroups.com, Liam Boyle <draegondaddy@...> wrote:

                    > I recommend "Hemp Masters Getting Knotty" by Max Lunger it's available at Fire Mountain Gems. I also highly recommend the Fire Mountain gems hemp cord. I recently switched to it from Hobby Lobby cord and there is a universe worth of difference between the two.
                    >
                    > Liam Boyle
                    > Happy Hippiebilly

                  • Mary Gail
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 11, 2010
                      You can also type on google search , Free macrame Patterns and it will bring all list of sites that shows free macrame patterns easy as simple !