1128Re: New Member. Hello!

  • Mary Gail
    Feb 6, 2011
      Hi Thomas ,
      Welcome to group and I hope more people will start coming in and leave message and post their work here as often as possibole . Im here to do the samething just need to find right time to do so . I plan on getting back to macrame and would love to find time to do it without being too busy with other issues . I have book called," Micro-macrame' 30 beaded designs for jewerly using crystals and cords " by Annika deGroot love her book she also has website
      http://www.annikadegroot.com/ . Also love "The Macrame' Book" by Helene Bress she is really good too . To Elena I agree with two other woman's site that you posted their links I do check out their web site too and they do awesome job on micro-macrame jewerly too . Also if you type macrame' blog there are so many sites that has it some good and some slow like this group but , I was kinda hoping to find as many macrame' sites I want to learn again and get into the habit too. Nice to meet you Thomas and Elena . Oh here is Annika deGroot's link for free turtorail so you can learn to make aspen choker free
      http://www.annikadegroot.com/Aspen%20Choker%20Tutorial.pd
      Enjoying making one : D

      MaryGail

      --- In Hemp_and_Macrame_Jewelry_Pattern_Trading@yahoogroups.com, "Tommytroll" <thomashastay@...> wrote:

      > Hello Group, My name is Thomas and I am addicted to Knotwork!
      >
      > I have been knotting, or as we Sailors say...Practicing Marlinspike Seamanship, for 25 years now. I have not made any hemp/leather "soft jewelry" for a few years, but I would like to continue that part of knotwork now. My most profitable and recent venture was making Large scale tablet weave panels for decorative fencing, ropework railings, pillars and boat fenders/puddings.
      >
      > In 2001 I was a teacher of ropework onboard a replica ship "The Nina" traveling the Mississippi, its tributaries and the gulf coast. I also design and make woodwind instruments. I have made many fancy lanyards for ocarinas, panflutes and small Picco pipes and decorate my Walking Stick Flutes with Hemp/Lethercraft knotwork. I hope to make many new friends here(?) I'm here to learn from all of you, but if I can contribute, I would be happy to do so.
      >
      > My favorite topic books are...
      > The Ashley book of Knots by Clifford Ashley.
      > The Encyclopedia of Knots and Ropework by Raoul Gramount.
      > The Encyclopedia of Rawhide and Leather Braiding by Bruce Grant.
      > Kumihimo/Peruvian Braiding/Tablet Weaving books.
      >
      > Thomas.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic