      From: Tommytroll <thomashastay@...>
      Subject: [Hemp and Macrame Jewelry Pattern Trading] New Member. Hello!
      To: Hemp_and_Macrame_Jewelry_Pattern_Trading@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, January 9, 2011, 8:51 PM

      Hello Group, My name is Thomas and I am addicted to Knotwork!

      I have been knotting, or as we Sailors say...Practicing Marlinspike Seamanship, for 25 years now. I have not made any hemp/leather "soft jewelry" for a few years, but I would like to continue that part of knotwork now. My most profitable and recent venture was making Large scale tablet weave panels for decorative fencing, ropework railings, pillars and boat fenders/puddings.

      In 2001 I was a teacher of ropework onboard a replica ship "The Nina" traveling the Mississippi, its tributaries and the gulf coast. I also design and make woodwind instruments. I have made many fancy lanyards for ocarinas, panflutes and small Picco pipes and decorate my Walking Stick Flutes with Hemp/Lethercraft knotwork. I hope to make many new friends here(?) I'm here to learn from all of you, but if I can contribute, I would be happy to do so.

      My favorite topic books are...

      The Ashley book of Knots by Clifford Ashley.

      The Encyclopedia of Knots and Ropework by Raoul Gramount.

      The Encyclopedia of Rawhide and Leather Braiding by Bruce Grant.

      Kumihimo/Peruvian Braiding/Tablet Weaving books.

      Thomas.