Re: [HeathenNews] Re: BBC video on the rise and fall of the Hittite empire

  • One Eye Godi
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 9, 2013
      After watching the video yesterday I was left more curious.  Thanks for pointing this out.  I'd have to do quite a bit of digging and actually read the transcripts from the tablets as well as review other material inside and outside the document but I was left to wonder if however wrong Snorri had been in places that perhaps he'd been partially correct about the arrival of the scandinavians from Turkey with Thor being a king after watching that.  There is no guarantee and it is decidedly preliminary but it certainly might help to clear up various fragments of the lore if there is a link.  The use of cuneiform and heiroglyphics both likely seem to be borrowed practices applied to an existing language.  We don't have a history of the runes dating anywhere nearly that far back so if it is related the clues will need to be in unlikely forms.  At any rate, it would comprise a nice look into early indoeuropean groups and provide a counter point in
      language vesus the modern reverse construct.