This week on Raven Radio

  • Chuck Hudson
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2013
      Over the centuries and for the life of man death has been a constant
      companion. This week we open the crypt on death. How our ancestors dealt
      with it. Historically how did they deal or process it. Forget the movies
      and fairy tale story lines. We want to dig up (No pun intended) the facts,
      history and customs. Also how have we or will we as modern Heathens do our
      duty to those that tread the Hel road before us. This topic may turn into a
      multi part series so participate with this discussion. Also the echo
      chamber seems to be fixed so hopefully no flash backs for our friends who
      partied too hardy in the 70's and 80's. Our move out of Albuquerque and
      back home is complete and the new studio is about half way done.
      Heathen Musicians. Need airtime for your work? Our new network, Bounce
      Radio is devoted to music. Send a demo MP3 and we'll get you on the air.
      One restriction on playing your music. The music must be heathen written.
      It doesn't have to be heathen orientated.
      Also authors, artists send a demo of your work. With our new studio we'll
      have more disk space. That means no more online storage. All work will be
      stored on secure Linux machines . Email to my self or any of the Raven
      Radio hosts.

      Also remember we are part of the Bounce radio network so join us Sunday 9
      mountain 11 eastern 5 GMT (Arizona you all are on your own again) live at
      http://community.loudcity.com/stations/b-o-u-n-c-e-radio/files/show/bounce.html

    • Chuck Hudson
      Message 2 of 3 , May 31, 2013
        This week we start a series of shows on a very touchy subject, and a
        subject that made multiple appearances on TV and print. Prison Asatru.
        We have talked about this in the past but in the past we tried to do a Pro
        vs Con, (No pun intended!) show. This time we want to bring in experts on
        the different aspects of Asatru behind bars. This week our guest will be a
        Heathen who served time for a felony, discovered Asatru and did not follow
        the gangster skinhead path. He wants to talk about the inside and how the
        mindset of the white supremacist is forged. Also about his uphill battle in
        trying to educate the department of corrections. The next show will be on
        how folks are trying to build not so much an out reach but a education
        process. We'll talk about that later!
        Controversy is an understatement for this series, but with more and more
        news stories about so called heathens committing crimes perhaps it is time
        education be started on what and who heathens are. Again we are not going
        to do a pro vs con show nor give our opinion on this topic, other than
        whose responsibility prison ministry should be.
        This Sunday Live on the Bounce Radio Network 9 am Mountain, 11 am Eastern 3
        pm GMT
        www.bounceradio.net

        The reason I am posting this on the local Albuquerque pagan group in
        addition to some Asatru groups is all of us "minority" faiths have the same
        issue. One asshat screws up and the and the media is immediately dissecting
        our faiths. Our Skype name is heathenradio if any feel like calling in.

        Chuck Hudson
        Raven Radio
        www.Ravenradio.info
        www.bounceradio.net