Raven Radio.

  • Chuck Hudson
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2010
      Sorry for the cross posting so please forgive me but This is important to us idiots at Raven!;)

      Raven Radio moving up in the world
      Well folks Raven Radio has been asked if The Leaf
      102.1 in Bend Oregon can Syndicate us and carry our
      live broadcast along the west coast of the US on 14
      FM radio stations from Vancouver to Northern
      California.
      So folks drop by the Leafs website and tell them HELL
      YA Carry Raven!!. This works well for folks with bad
      or no computer access to be able to listen to us live
      on the radio And us getting a 800 number for Skype
      and the ability to reach a lot more Heathens across
      the west coast and the world. This would be a historic
      opportunity for ANY non Christian radio station to be
      the first to be able to broadcast live on air and talk
      about our Faith and folk. Plus it would just be fun to
      be the first Heathen to broadcast on FM Radio.
      The Leaf's address is [url='http://
      www.theleaffm.com/']Leaf 102.1 FM[/url]
      Chuck
      Raven Radio
    • Barry Morris
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 2, 2010
        Kveðjur til þín (Greetings to you)
        I just came across term "Vrilology". They are, apparently, a church in New Jersey. Has anyone ever heard of them? Do you agree with what they are trying to do?
        Any info would be most welcome.

        Kveðjur,

        Barry Grárskeggi
        Vertu þú heild (Be you whole)
        Lifandi, sannur við sjálfan þig (Live, True to Yourself)

      • Tinker
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 2, 2010
          when I did the google search all I found were batches of sites dealing
          with the study of Viruses
          the Wikipedia entry starts: the spelling is either virlology or virology
          > /Virology/ is the study of viruses and virus-like agents
          Looking at the "church" side all I could quickly find were sites about
          churches going "viral" as a growth mechanism. (ie media blitz)

          curious about the context you encountered the term

          Tinker

          On 12/2/2010 9:37 AM, Barry Morris wrote:

          > Kveðjur til þín (Greetings to you)
          > I just came across term "Vrilology". They are, apparently, a church in
          > New Jersey. Has anyone ever heard of them? Do you agree with what they
          > are trying to do?
          > Any info would be most welcome.
          >
          > Kveðjur,
          >
          > Barry Grárskeggi

        • Bathilde Thegn
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 2, 2010
            I've heard of them. They're not highly praised by most in the various
            heathen communities, in my experience. I don't really have an opinion of
            them as a group. There are a couple of members that have shown
            themselves to be complete d-bags though.

            -Bathilde Thegn

            AKA Anna, Ciarin
            http://heathenboard.com/
            http://heathenworkshop.com
            http://thebucci.com

            On 12/2/2010 8:37 AM, Barry Morris wrote:

            > Kveðjur til þín (Greetings to you)
            > I just came across term "Vrilology". They are, apparently, a church in
            > New Jersey. Has anyone ever heard of them? Do you agree with what they
            > are trying to do?
            > Any info would be most welcome.
            >
            > Kveðjur,
            >
            > Barry Grárskeggi
            > Vertu þú heild (Be you whole)
            > Lifandi, sannur við sjálfan þig (Live, True to Yourself)

          • Barry Morris

              when I did the google search all I found were batches of sites dealing
              with the study of Viruses
              the Wikipedia entry starts: the spelling is either virlology or virology
              > /Virology/ is the study of viruses and virus-like agents
              Looking at the "church" side all I could quickly find were sites about
              churches going "viral" as a growth mechanism. (ie media blitz)

              curious about the context you encountered the term

              Tinker

              On 12/2/2010 9:37 AM, Barry Morris wrote:

              > Kveðjur til þín (Greetings to you)
              > I just came across term "Vrilology". They are, apparently, a church in
              > New Jersey. Has anyone ever heard of them? Do you agree with what they
              > are trying to do?
              > Any info would be most welcome.
              >
              > Kveðjur,
              >
              > Barry Grárskeggi

            • Bathilde Thegn
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 2, 2010
                Vrilology is about Vril, something someone took from a science fiction
                novel and pertained it to their version of heathenism.

                Google vril, robert blumetti and balder rising.

                -Bathilde Thegn

                AKA Anna, Ciarin
                http://heathenboard.com/
                http://heathenworkshop.com
                http://thebucci.com

                On 12/2/2010 8:57 AM, Tinker wrote:

                > when I did the google search all I found were batches of sites dealing
                > with the study of Viruses
                > the Wikipedia entry starts: the spelling is either virlology or virology
                > > /Virology/ is the study of viruses and virus-like agents
                > Looking at the "church" side all I could quickly find were sites about
                > churches going "viral" as a growth mechanism. (ie media blitz)
                >
                > curious about the context you encountered the term
                >
                > Tinker
                >
                > On 12/2/2010 9:37 AM, Barry Morris wrote:
                > >
                > > Kveðjur til þín (Greetings to you)
                > > I just came across term "Vrilology". They are, apparently, a church in
                > > New Jersey. Has anyone ever heard of them? Do you agree with what they
                > > are trying to do?
                > > Any info would be most welcome.
                > >
                > > Kveðjur,
                > >
                > > Barry Grárskeggi

              • Tinker
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 2, 2010
                  Thank you
                  Tinker
                • Drew Berggren
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 3, 2010
                    I went to that churches website. about balder rising right? i think what they are doing is wonderful. But i dont completely understand it. enlighten me

                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 3, 2010
                      now it is spelled vrilogy or vrilology. it says vril is the life force of the gods. i think it is a branch off of Asatru and it intrigues me. ill tell you more about it soon because i have been studying it.

                      when I did the google search all I found were batches of sites dealing
                      with the study of Viruses
                      the Wikipedia entry starts: the spelling is either virlology or virology
                      > /Virology/ is the study of viruses and virus-like agents
                      Looking at the "church" side all I could quickly find were sites about
                      churches going "viral" as a growth mechanism. (ie media blitz)

                      curious about the context you encountered the term

                      Tinker

                      On 12/2/2010 9:37 AM, Barry Morris wrote:

                      > Kveðjur til þín (Greetings to you)
                      > I just came across term "Vrilology". They are, apparently, a church in
                      > New Jersey. Has anyone ever heard of them? Do you agree with what they
                      > are trying to do?
                      > Any info would be most welcome.
                      >
                      > Kveðjur,
                      >
                      > Barry Grárskeggi

                    • Drew Berggren
                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 3, 2010
                        thank you Bathilde. i did not know the term was taken from science fiction. i personally like the way that vrilogy.com explains things. Ragnar Storyteller also explains things a lot like that in a more "scientific" way. Balder Rising is an interesting concept about the rebirth of our kindred soul, which i find important.