Re:Does anyone know what happened to Asatru.ca ?

  • Mist
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2010
      That is odd, I just went to the site yesterday. I can try the contact email I have. If you are needing some info. Email me off list at mist@... I have a lot of contact, so can help you contact the site or help with info. I hope it has not gone, that would be a shame
    • Spider
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2010
        It looks like they just switched over to "Wordpress" whatever that means. I'm not computer inclined. The site seems to be working and they listed a facebook group too.
        Stephanie

        --- In HeathenNews@yahoogroups.com, "Sylvie" <sigrun_grimnirsdottir@...> wrote:

        > The web site was a good source of info on Asatru in Canada, but now the link seems dead.
        >
        > I've been in email contact with them since December, trying to get the kindred listed. But they seem to have disappeared. Anyone have any further info on what happened?

      • Mist
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2, 2010
          All it means is that they went to a blogging platform instead of a standard website. Our new site is blog style, it is very easy, and often free...I pay for mine, but Wordpress is free and I am assuming that is why they switched, it costs money to keep a website up these days, as they got rid of a lot of the free pages...I used to have a great site called Cheryls Runes..but it was with Geocities, and they removed the free sites.....

          Mist, Gyðja of Kenaz Kindred

          http://www.kenaz.ca

        • Spider
          Message 4 of 5 , May 3, 2010
            Hey, its good to see more heathens in Ontario. The only people we knew of personally were American.
            Stephanie