FW: Vidarshof of the Highland Rim

  • Jordsvin
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2009
      Vidarshof of the Highland Rim
      Posted by: "johnny hulsey" heimdallshorn9@... heimdallshorn9
      Wed Apr 1, 2009 3:53 am (PDT)

      Hail to all who may be interested!

      I send this out every now and then to inform folk who might be living within
      driving distance of our kindred... as well as to just let folks know who are
      and what our purpose is.

      Johnny Hulsey
      Godhi,
      Vidarshof of the Highland Rim

      Vidarshof of the Highland Rim
      - Our Declaration -

      Vidarshof of the Highland Rim is an Asatru kindred located in northern
      middle-Tennessee. We take our name after the Highland Rim area in which we
      are based. Vidar's realm is in dark forests and high grasses, such as
      surrounds our frith-garth where we meet to hold blots to our gods/esses -
      hence the moniker "Vidarshof". Our geographical range stretches east of the
      Tennessee River, and west of the Cumberland Plateau including southern
      Kentucky and northern Alabama. An independent group, we are not connected to
      any national organization. As well, Vidarshof is a folkish kindred who
      believes that it is our right of blood and heritage to follow our ancestral
      folk-ways. As such, we carry the torch of hundreds of generations descending
      back to the Aesir and Vanir - the northern gods/eseses of our folk.
      Political agendas have no place in our heathen customs, nor does any new-age
      religion. We stand united in the belief that only honorable deeds born from
      the
      struggle to do one's best yields passage to Asgard's high halls. Vidar is
      the patron god of our kindred, being the slayer of the Fenris wolf and the
      avenger of his father odhin. It is Vidar who will live through the floods
      and fire of Ragnarok to ward the temple of the gods. So shall we live to
      wield the sword of troth and honor through the following of our folk-ways.
      As Asatruar of Vidarshof, we welcome the bold and brave with horns held
      high.

      Jarnulf & Jule Hulsey
      AFA FBs- Tn, Ky
      Vidarshof of the Highland Rim