Peter Hart (b. 1792)

  • Monty Hart
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5, 2001
      Cousins and Friends-

      I have been contacted by a Lynn Thomas who may very well be related to our Hart line through Peter Hart, son of Monmouth Hart and Mary Gedney.  Lynn sent me the following email;

      I think we may be seventh cousins, plus or minus, with maybe a remove in there.  I am
      descended from a Peter Hart born abt 1792, whom I believe to be a son of Monmouth.  My
      Pete lived in Michigan in 1850, and reported himself to be 58 yrs old in that year's census.
      He also claimed New York as his birthplace.  I found a Peter Hart born in Westchester, New
      York, in 1792, to Monmouth Hart and Mary Gedney.  This record was submitted to
      Ancestral File at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City by an LDS Church member.
      I've not had time to pursue and verify this information, as I just encountered it this week.  Still, it's a reasonable hypothesis so far...

      I have Peter Hart born on May 23, 1792.  I do not have any information about his wife or any of his children, or when or where he died.   I believe that he was born in the vicinity of Westchester County, NY.   Other than being the correct age and from New York, it would be nice to have something actually tying Lynn's Peter Hart of Michigan and NY, to our Monmouth Hart and Mary Gedney.  I have to admit, that it sounds like a match, but I am also certain that there was probably more than one Peter Hart born in NY about 1792.

      Can anyone provide any information from their records to confirm the match?  If so, Lynn can provide information regarding a missing branch to our Hart family tree.

      Cousin Monty