Flushing Remonstrance Gala December 6, 2007

  • Monty Hart
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2007

      Message

      Dear Descendants of the Signers of the Flushing Remonstrance;

      Finally!  I am writing to give you the details of the 350th Anniversary Celebration of the Flushing Remonstrance.  Thank you for your patience and your assistance with putting Bowne House Historical Society in contact with members of your family.

      It is with pleasure and pride that the Society invites you to the forthcoming gala celebration in honor of your ancestors, who bravely stood up for the religious freedom of others at a time when it was unheard of—more than 100 years before the First Amendment of the Constitution was written.

      Invitations will be going out by early November to officially invite you to the celebration.  This VIP event will require that all attendees to be on an attendees list prior to the event.  Please confirm that we have the names and addresses of all whom we need to hear back from.  If you are bringing relatives under your invitation, please provide their names so we can make sure everyone is accounted for.

      The gala will be held:

      December 6; 2007

      6:00 PM

      Queens Borough Public Library

      Flushing Branch

      41-17 Main Street

      Flushing; NY 11354

      The copy of the Flushing Remonstrance will be on display thanks to the New York State Archives/Archives Partnership Trust.

      ACCOMODATIONS

      Because descendants will be coming from across the country; some of you may need to make accommodations. The Sheraton La Guardia East Hotel; just blocks away from the library; is offering a special rate of $149 for double occupancy; November 1; 2007 through January 31; 2008. If you want to take advantage of the special rate; please call either Beatriz Merchan or Sylvia Ponce at the hotel; their information is below. You must mention that you are part of the Flushing Remonstrance celebration.

      Beatriz Merchan; 718.670.7413 or bmerchan@...

      Silvia Ponce; 718.670.7420 or sponce@...

      Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel

      135-20 39th Avenue

      Flushing NY 11354

      Go to www.sheratonlaguardia.com for more about the Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel.

      OTHER CELEBRATORY EVENTS

      In addition to the gala, there are other events planned to mark the 350th Anniversary.  Visit www.flushingremonstrance.info for listings and further information about the Flushing Remonstrance.

      I will update you with any other events that are added to the existing list.  (We are hoping to put together a luncheon/family information exchange afternoon either the Friday or Saturday after the gala)

      Meantime; please contact me with any questions or comments regarding the upcoming gala.

      Sincerely;

      Donna Cartelli

      Executive Director; Bowne House

      Phone: 718-359-0528; Fax 718-359-0873