350th Anniversary of the Flushing Remonstrance

  • Monty
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 20, 2007
      It's been years since we've communicated on the Hart-L list group, but
      now there is some really great news. Nan Eckert was kind enough to
      pass along the following information;

      The Bowne House Historical Society is celebrating the 350th
      anniversary of the Flushing Remonstrance in New York City this year.
      They are asking all descendants of the original signers to contact
      them and they are inviting them to attend "a major event to
      commemorate the importance of the document to the Constitution of the
      United States". They have asked all descendants to write or email
      them with the following information;
      mailing address, email address, and phone number, along with the name
      of the signer and the line of descent. Send your information to;
      Flushing Remonstrance
      c/o Bowne House Historical Society
      37-01 Bowne Street
      Flushing, New York 11354

      or you can email the information to: Donna Cartelli,
      dcartelli@...

      The anniversary is December 27th of this year and I suspect they will
      be celebrating it on that day. This could be an opportunity for an
      Edward Hart descendants family reunion, too. Anyone interested?

      If you want to contact me directly, my email address is still;
      montyh@... . You can also reply to this email if you want to
      contact everyone on the Hart-L list group for Edward Hart descendants.

      Warmest Regards,

      Cousin Monty

      Monty Hart
      Anchorage, Alaska
    • Monty Hart
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 20, 2007
        The Borough President of Queens will be hosting a celebration for the
        350th Anniversary of Flushing Remonstrance on December 27. We would
        like as many Hart relations to attend this ceremony and the
        festivities, which are being developed now.

        I request that everyone contact me with the following information:
        Name, address, email address (in this case it comes automatically, of
        course), phone. Also include line of descent. If you are related to
        the Bowne family, that is of interest as well, to me personally.

        And PLEASE pass the information along to your relations. I need your
        assistance in this quest as there are descendants of 30 signers for
        me to find. Much appreciation in advance.

        Sincerely,
        Donna Cartelli
        Executive Director
        Bowne House
      • John and Mary Carnahan
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 23, 2007
          Hello, Monty Hart --
          I am greatly pleased to hear from you again with regard to the Hart-L
          family association and especially the prospect of getting some of the
          family together for a celebration of the Flushing Remonstrance to honor
          Edward Hart.
          You may recall me as the person who sent along information about one
          of the descendants,
          Joseph Coleman Hart 1828-1862, an architect. I have continued to work
          on this project sporadically and have come up with a few more items,
          including a third church that he designed. I am hoping to devote some
          time to put together a more complete report on JCH for an Episcopal
          historical event this summer, and I will of course share this with you.
          I am not a descendant and will not be attending the event in December,
          but I wish you well.
          I haven't yet been able to figure out the Yahoo business, but will
          keep trying. Please keep me on your list, and I will be glad to make a
          contribution to try to help cover some of your costs.
          John Carnahan
          29 Tyler Street
          Brattleboro, Vermont 05301
          802-254-8398

          On Apr 21, 2007, at 12:59 AM, Monty Hart wrote:

          > The Borough President of Queens will be hosting a celebration for the
          > 350th Anniversary of Flushing Remonstrance on December 27. We would
          > like as many Hart relations to attend this ceremony and the
          > festivities, which are being developed now.
          >
          > I request that everyone contact me with the following information:
          > Name, address, email address (in this case it comes automatically, of
          > course), phone. Also include line of descent. If you are related to
          > the Bowne family, that is of interest as well, to me personally.
          >
          > And PLEASE pass the information along to your relations. I need your
          > assistance in this quest as there are descendants of 30 signers for
          > me to find. Much appreciation in advance.
          >
          > Sincerely,
          > Donna Cartelli
          > Executive Director
          > Bowne House

        • Monty Hart
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 23, 2007
            Hi John-
            Of course, I remember you. Nice to hear from you again. I'm glad that
            you got the email about the celebration.
            I'd love a copy of your report, when you're done. Hopefully, I can post
            it for everyone to read.

            What problem are you having with Yahoo?

            Monty
            montyh@...
            _______________________

            John and Mary Carnahan wrote:

            > Hello, Monty Hart --
            > I am greatly pleased to hear from you again with regard to the Hart-L
            > family association and especially the prospect of getting some of the
            > family together for a celebration of the Flushing Remonstrance to
            > honor Edward Hart.
            > You may recall me as the person who sent along information about one
            > of the descendants,
            > Joseph Coleman Hart 1828-1862, an architect. I have continued to work
            > on this project sporadically and have come up with a few more items,
            > including a third church that he designed. I am hoping to devote some
            > time to put together a more complete report on JCH for an Episcopal
            > historical event this summer, and I will of course share this with
            > you. I am not a descendant and will not be attending the event in
            > December, but I wish you well.
            > I haven't yet been able to figure out the Yahoo business, but will
            > keep trying. Please keep me on your list, and I will be glad to make a
            > contribution to try to help cover some of your costs.
            > John Carnahan
            > 29 Tyler Street
            > Brattleboro, Vermont 05301
            > 802-254-8398

          • John and Mary Carnahan
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 27, 2007
              Good evening Monty --
              The events for commemorating the Flushing Remonstrance sound very
              exciting. It will be nice to have this recognition of the role played
              by Edward Hart in gaining our freedom of religion.
              My problem with Yahoo is that I don't know what is on it and how to
              use it. Am I already on the list or do I need to subscribe? What would
              I learn if I were to subscribe? Can you tell if I am already on the
              Yahoo list, and if so, whether I have a password? Not a big deal, but I
              am just not familiar with how these things work.
              Again best wishes and thank you for activating this site.
              John Carnahan

              On Apr 24, 2007, at 12:38 AM, Monty Hart wrote:

              > Hi John-
              > Of course, I remember you. Nice to hear from you again. I'm glad that
              > you got the email about the celebration.
              > I'd love a copy of your report, when you're done. Hopefully, I can
              > post
              > it for everyone to read.
              >
              > What problem are you having with Yahoo?
              >
              > Monty
              > montyh@...
              > _______________________
              >
              > John and Mary Carnahan wrote:
              >
              > > Hello, Monty Hart --
              > > I am greatly pleased to hear from you again with regard to the
              > Hart-L
              > > family association and especially the prospect of getting some of
              > the
              > > family together for a celebration of the Flushing Remonstrance to
              > > honor Edward Hart.
              > > You may recall me as the person who sent along information about one
              > > of the descendants,
              > > Joseph Coleman Hart 1828-1862, an architect. I have continued to
              > work
              > > on this project sporadically and have come up with a few more items,
              > > including a third church that he designed. I am hoping to devote
              > some
              > > time to put together a more complete report on JCH for an Episcopal
              > > historical event this summer, and I will of course share this with
              > > you. I am not a descendant and will not be attending the event in
              > > December, but I wish you well.
              > > I haven't yet been able to figure out the Yahoo business, but will
              > > keep trying. Please keep me on your list, and I will be glad to
              > make a
              > > contribution to try to help cover some of your costs.
              > > John Carnahan
              > > 29 Tyler Street
              > > Brattleboro, Vermont 05301
              > > 802-254-8398

            • Monty Hart
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 27, 2007
                John-
                You are already subscribed to the Hart-L list group.  That means that you are able to send and receive email from Hart-L@yahoogroups.com.    When you send to the list, your email goes to everyone who is currently subscribed.  Anyone can visit the web site    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hart-L    to view past emails.   The only reason that you would need your Yahoo password, is to change the email address where your Hart-L email is sent.   I can't do that, as I don't have access to your Yahoo account.

                If you have forgotten your password, you can request it from Yahoo here; https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify  .  The problem is that if you've changed your email address, you won't receive their email giving you your password.   In that case, the solution would be do rejoin Yahoo Groups at https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify  , get a new password, and then rejoin the Hart-L list at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hart-L

                If anyone is still having trouble, you can contact me at montyh@...

                Monty