Map of Flushing and the WTC

  • Monty Hart
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2001
      Dear Hart Cousins and Friends-

      It is hard to believe that the events of September 11th could occur in this country or anywhere else in the world for that matter.  My thoughts and prayers, go out to all that were lost in this tragic event and to their families and loved ones.

      For those of you who might not be aware, the World Trade Center was only 12 miles from the town of Flushing NY, where our Edward Hart lived from about 1643 until about 1660.  Some of the names on this map might be familiar to you from your genealogy research.  Some of the other names that I recognize are; Stuyvesant, Maspeth, Jamaica, Newtown.  It's a small world isn't it?

      Cousin Monty