Happy New Year Everyone!

  • Linda F.
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 30, 2003
      Hello,

      It has been quite some time since anyone has posted on the Hammond
      list.

      Thought I'd take the opportunity to wish all the Hammonds out there
      holiday wishes and all the best in 2004!

      Sincerely,
      Linda Hammond Furlotte
      Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    • shari wagner
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 31, 2003
        No one has posted sinse i joined many months ago.Can you tell me what line of Hammonds you come from.Happy New Years     Shari

        "Linda F." <lhammond@...> wrote:
        Hello,

        It has been quite some time since anyone has posted on the Hammond
        list.

        Thought I'd take the opportunity to wish all the Hammonds out there
        holiday wishes and all the best in 2004!

        Sincerely,
        Linda Hammond Furlotte
        Montreal, Quebec, Canada

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Do you Yahoo!?
        Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
      • Mick & Kay Baumgartner
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 31, 2003
           Hello,
          My mother was a Hammond, she grew up in Portsmouth, Ohio.  Her parents were
          Thomas Payne and Clara Blanche Hammond.  I have never found any info on the line
          they come from.  I know Tom had a brother Mark whose wife was named Lennie.
          My grandmother who was a Houston came from Wheeling West Virginia.  Which line
          are you from.
          Kay Baumgartner

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 31, 2003
            My Hammonds come from England. My Father Fred Hammond, born in Yorkshire and his father George Hammond born in Norfolk. Any connections let me know.
            and I repeat Happy New Year and good hunting!!

            Yahoo! Groups Links

          • shari wagner

            • kribbsdh@webtv.net
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 26, 2004
                You had a posting last December, I think it was, and I do not know
                whether my wife or I responded. Her father was James Hubert Hammond.
                His father was a country doctor in South Georgia (Enigma) and I have
                forgotten his name (my wife is asleep). The family lineage goes back to
                Jethro Hammond (I think). I am tossing this out, incomplete as it is,
                in the hope that it will be useful. She may pick up where I have left
                off, but do not fail to get back to us if you need further information.
                Donald Kribbs
              • kribbsdh@webtv.net
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 26, 2004
                  In further response: A very interesting book detailing the "intimate
                  journal notations of James Henry Hammond, a prominent South Carolina
                  planter and slaveholder whose life story is as intriguing as that of a
                  Faulkner character."
                  I have not read this one, but a corollary is "The Hammonds of Redcliffe"
                  --Redcliffe being the family plantation which as I recall it is on the
                  Savannah River, the border of South Carolina and Georgia.
                  The former plantation is now one of the South Carolina State Parks.
                  Both of these books ought to be very interesting to any member of this
                  branch of the Hammond family! And to anyone else!
                  Donald