from amber

  • asurrency
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2005
      After Hungary I got my MPH. In 1998 I worked on my master's
      thesis in Pakistan and Afghanistan on the topic of landmine injuries.
      I worked in Kosovo, Albania and Egypt in 1999 doing various public
      health consultancies. I met Chris, my husband, in Kosovo while we
      were working for the same NGO. In 2000 I joined the World Bank Early
      Child Development Team and stayed in DC for 2 years. Chris and I
      escaped the east coast and moved to Nice, France spring 2002. That
      same year we got married in Prague and then a job of Chris' took
      us to Germany for a few months. Finally, in Jan 2003 we made the big
      move to Nouakchott, Mauritania (West Africa) where I worked on a
      vaccination project for UNICEF for 2+ years. I just finished that
      contract and now we are in the heart of Africa - the Democratic
      Republic of Congo - where I've taken another UNICEF assignment as an
      HIV/AIDS project officer.