18Re: [HUNGARY6-7RPCVs] Digest Number 5

  • Christopher Frost
    Jun 16, 2005
      I concur that Jen's points are very well made.
      Probably the best thing is to suggest a couple of
      sites that are cool regardless of the time of year and
      try to settle in on a date.

      For me, cool year round means DC, NYC, or Chicago.
      The best time of year usually means May or September
      when prices are just starting to creep up and these
      cities haven't turned into furnaces yet.

      I definitely agree that we shouldn't get organized.
      Very un-Peace Corps like. Plus organizers will be
      unfairly burdened and may find themselves out of
      pocket. Very, Very Uncool. Pick a time, let folks
      know where you're going to be and make a reservation
      at your favortite table at your favorite restaurant.
      If ten of us show up, you've exceeded all
      expectations.

      All of this said with the thought that I may be on the
      dark side of the moon by this time tomorrow or outer
      Mongolia, same difference.

      (I wonder if folks in Inner Mongolia ever say, 'Thank
      Goodness we don't live Out There.)

      By the way, I recommend DC but just because it may be
      where I live in a year's time. (Like I said, the dark
      side of the moon.)

      Just my two fillers.

      --- Jennifer S <jens686@...> wrote:

      > Sounds great, though I would imagine that logistics
      > and cost could be prohibitive unless we had a
      > reasonably solid head count to use in making
      > arrangements well in advance. That leads to another
      > concern I have which is based in lots of
      > history...that being that I have often been one or
      > of the ones who puts down $$ to hold a place/buy
      > tickets, etc., and then have been on the short end
      > when well-intentioned folks can't make it for one
      > reason or another. With this in mind, picking an
      > extremly popular venue, both place and time, makes
      > me a little uncomfortable, but still would love to
      > entertain this idea if this works for the masses.
      >
      > HUNGARY6-7RPCVs@yahoogroups.com wrote:There is 1
      > message in this issue.
      >
      > Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. reunion 2006 - nola jazz fest ?????
      > From: "jencoffeysf"

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 22:57:16 -0000
      > From: "jencoffeysf"
      > Subject: reunion 2006 - nola jazz fest ?????
      >
      > i was thinking - wouldn't it be fun to have our
      > reunion at jazz fest
      > next year in new orleans? i mean who doesn't love
      > jazz fest? that
      > would
      > give us almost a year to round up other folks and
      > put together a
      > plan.
      > waddaya think?

      > Discover Yahoo!
      > Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing & more.
      > Check it out!

      Christopher B. Frost

      Discover Yahoo!
      http://discover.yahoo.com/