12from Chris and Ramsey

  • Chris Campbell
    May 18, 2005

      Kedves All!

      I finally made it on to this group – Ramsey and I send our love and invitations to crash with us anytime you are near új mexiko (no, we don’t put little corn kernels and green peppers on our pizza…).  Please feel free to consider New Mex as a reunion site – we could help set it up most anywhere in the state.

      After almost ten years here, Ramsey and I have finally settled into a little bit of a groove.  Both our jobs are finally paying off in terms of accomplishments, contacts and travel to conferences.  I am running a pollution prevention center here in Albuquerque for New Mexico State University, providing technical assistance to businesses, communities and the Tribes on issues of waste reduction and management, energy efficiency and environmental ed.  Ramsey is also coordinating an outreach effort from the UNM College of Fines Arts, but hers provides art students with community service opportunities out in rural New Mex, so we are able to travel together sometimes.

      Our dog scene has tripled since we have seen most of you – Tünde is now 10 and doing great considering that she had to have a total knee replacement about 3 years ago; Katalina is our little Catahoula hound with grey and black spots; and Mr. Curley is our male Flatcoat Retriever who just turned 4 and is definitely a boy, running into things, falling off the bed and breaking thru ice to plunge into streams.  So, they are definitely a hand full, especially now that we’ve started a remodelling on our house – making it bigger (and adding a second bathroom) so that all RPCVs will have a place – just bring the palinka.

      Ramsey and I are headed to Hungary in August for the wedding of our home-stay family’s son, Marci, who is now in an Oxford law program thru his university in Budapest.  Some of you might remember him and his family in Kesckemét.  About 2 ½ years ago, I had the chance to return to Hungary on a water resources grant trip and was able to reconnect with much of the staff at the Hortobágyi Nemzeti Park and others in Debrecen.  I am actually trying to get a project going in HU, pursuing water-related/enviro ed workshops with the Park and others…I’ll let you know if I have any luck.  But the changes in HU, even then, were astronomical and I am expecting to see more of the same this year, especially since their entry into the EU.  It will be interesting to see how much of the “improvements” have made their way into the rural parts.

      Bye for now – sziasztok!

      Chris Campbell

      WERC Pollution Prevention Technical Resources Center

      1155 University Blvd. SE

      Albuquerque, NM 87106

      Tel:  505.843.4251

      Fax: 505.246.2891