Re: [HTML-on-the-WEB] I NEED HELP!

  • Lokrin2000
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2002
      Go to any local library and type HTML into the subject line. Look for any
      book that says anything about beginner, idiots, kids. Browsing through a
      few of these will give you an idea of what books to look for. You can also
      go to a big bookstore and browse through their book and then see if the
      library has a copy of any that you like. Don't pay $20 to $100 first, only
      to find out that you either can't understand or don't like the book.

    • lexi16
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2002
        on online class is your best bet and get the book html for dummies
        lexi
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 1, 2002
          At 04:08 AM 7/1/2002 -0000, rockinrick100 writeth:
          >Well,the site I have up now is at 'Blue Abyss.com" It's a free site.
          >The radio ststion I work for really doesn't care about there site.
          >They don't seem to understand what we could do.I understand somewhat
          >html,but I can't seem to find a way to get it to make sense to me.
          >Any thoughts on how I can find information so an idiot (me) can
          >understand? Any help would be great!
          > Thank you, Rick Miller.

          Get familiar with search engines like Google. What you need is a good
          tutorial (if you don't want to go spend money on a book/can't afford it).

          A quick search on Google (using the keywords 'html tutorial') brought up
          this page:

          <http://www.davesite.com/webstation/html/>

          It seems to be a fairly easy-to-understand site, but some of the concepts
          will confuse you for a bit at the beginning (mostly due to HTTP standards
          that you will probably never have to read unless you get into really
          advanced stuff), but the confusion should become less as you read along.

          Hope this helps!

          Thomas J. Hruska -- shinelight@...
          http://www.shininglightpro.com/
        • Christine
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 1, 2002
            http://www.htmlgoodies.com has some good quick tutorials to get you
            started.

            I've also had good luck with the online classes at the HTML writers
            guild, http://www.hwg.org Cost is between $50 - $60 dollars per
            course to members, more to non members. The classes are normally
            about 6 weeks. I've taken HTML, Intro to Paint Shop Pro and am in the
            middle of a CSS class. I also know there are other sites out there
            with online classes.

            Also, if you'd rather have an in person class, a lot of junior
            colleges have courses in HTML. The college near me has both
            instructor led and online courses available.

            Good luck and don't give up.

            Christine

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/