New Member

  • glasshousejohn@xxxxxxxxx.xx.xx
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 12, 1999
      Hi All

      I've been a member for a while but not got anything through. So I thought
      that a post from me to say hello would be in order.

      I live in the UK and run a couple of websites for various different things.

      I use Crosswinds to host a few of them because of the ease of upload, email etc.

      Catch you all later
      John H
    • Bob Kaucher
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 13, 1999
        glasshousejohn@... gravada:

        > From: glasshousejohn@...
        >
        > Hi All
        >
        > I've been a member for a while but not got anything through. So I thought
        > that a post from me to say hello would be in order.
        >
        > I live in the UK and run a couple of websites for various different things.
        >
        > I use Crosswinds to host a few of them because of the ease of upload, email etc.
        >
        > Catch you all later
        > John H

        Nice to have you on the list John!

        Bob
        (Brazil)
      • Jessica Bobryk
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 6, 2002
          Hello everyone,

          Sorry for the cross-post, but I recently joined 30 different lists
          recently and still need to "turn in" my intro. Yes, I AM crazy for being
          on so many different lists (over 100 in total), but I find discussion
          lists as being VERY informative, helpful and fun! I don't think I would
          have advanced as fast as I have without all of out there! Thank you!

          Ok, a little about myself now. My name is Jessica and I live in San
          Clemente, CA. I'm a single mom with a 4 year old boy named Jarod. I
          have my own tiny business and website that I run here at home. I started
          my soap making biz in Feb. 2002 and now I'm looking into web design as
          something to look forward to being good at some day in the future. I
          still have LOTS to learn, but very eager to gain the knowledge to
          be "somebody". Computers, internet and my tiny business are my
          passions!

          Thanks again everyone, for letting me be a part of your groups :-)

          Jessica Bobryk
          http://www,sanclementesoapfactory.com

          Jessica Bobryk
          San Clemente Soap Factory

            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 2, 2002
              Hi Folks,
              I'm 30 years old and live in the UK with my partner Tom and 2 Cocker Spaniels. I am very new to web design and firstly became interested in computer graphics when I took a couple of months off work when my dog gave birth to her first puppy. This then led me to creating my first website, a good friend liked what she saw and asked me to do one for her, it turned out better than I had expected so I then had to give my site a makeover!
              I am working on a site for my partner's business and am learning HTML - I used Frontpage Express for the first site and then got Dreamweaver. I will be going to college soon to get a qualification in web design and would ideally like a career in this area.
              I'm looking forward to chatting to you all.

              Kind Regards

              Wendy

            • grtgonzos007
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 4, 2003
                Hi

                I just wanted to take a minute and say hi. I hope to contribute back
                as much as I learn from the list.

                Thanks
                Jeff
              • John A Hopkins
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 30, 2004
                  Hi All
                  I'm John and I live in the UK. I am a complete novice at HTML and
                  hope this is the place to learn. I'm 49 and think it is about time
                  I had a website about my self and my likes etc around on the web.

                  I did have some input on one site www.certacito.net which is for ex
                  and serving members of The Royal Corps of Signals. This is the
                  Corps which I served 12 years with. I'm only looking to do a basic
                  site to start with nothing fancy. So any advice on which program to
                  use and where to put it would be fine.

                  So here's hoping I can make some friends and mentors on here.

                  John H
                • j.sb2
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 17, 2005
                    Friends,

                    I enjoy writing web sites and am interested in what you all think is the best web editor available today.

                    Kind regards,
                    Joe

                  • Scottish2
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 17, 2005
                      My 2 cents is I like this program

                      http://www.arachnoid.com/arachnophilia/index_old.html

                      best of all is the price FREE!

                      Have tried several of the bigger programs like front page and dreamweaver and just don't like them. Too many panels get in the way or working on the page plus you get tons of unneeded code added to your pages.

                      Just my 2 cents Now mind you I don't like this programs new version just like the old version.
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 3, 2005
                        Hi,
                        I just thought I would introduce myself...I am very new to webpage building and want to learn html. I am sure I will be asking alot of questions along the way.

                        Joan

                      • Jennifer (aka Sassy Devil)
                        Message 11 of 12 , Feb 4, 2005
                          Hi, Joan!

                          Welcome to the group. I've found it to be very helpful. Hope you do, too. :)

                          At 10:01 AM 2/4/2005 +0000, you wrote:

                          >Hi,
                          >I just thought I would introduce myself...I am very new to webpage
                          >building and want to learn html. I am sure I will be asking alot of
                          >questions along the way.
                          >
                          >Joan

                          Jennifer (aka Sassy Devil)
                          sassydevil@...
                          http://www.SassyDevil.com/ - BACK!
                          http://www.Pretty-Scary.net/
                          AOL and Yahoo! IM: LoveOFehr
                          ICQ: 335701148
                          MSN: zinegirl@...
                        • BoG Designz
                          Message 12 of 12 , Feb 11, 2005
                            thanks Jennifer!

                            Joan
                            Welcome to the group. I've found it to be very helpful. Hope you do, too. :)

                            At 10:01 AM 2/4/2005 +0000, you wrote:

                            >Hi,
                            >I just thought I would introduce myself...I am very new to webpage
                            >building and want to learn html. I am sure I will be asking alot of
                            >questions along the way.
                            >
                            >Joan

                            Jennifer (aka Sassy Devil)
                            sassydevil@...