Re: [HTML-on-the-WEB] Handy Web Development tools

  • Thomas J. Hruska
    Message 1 of 22 , Jan 1, 2002
      At 05:04 PM 1/1/2002 +1100, Sandy writeth:
      >Here are some web sites that you may find helpful when developing your
      >site -
      >
      >http://www.evrsoft.com/
      >Here you can download FirstPage 2000 - a great HTML editing program - and
      >its FREE!

      Here are the tools I use for developing webpages:

      Notespad - (Notice the 's'). In no way whatsoever does this application
      come even close to being notepad. The only feature lacking in this program
      that drives a lot of people away is syntax highlighting. Personally, after
      13+ years of programming, I've learned that syntax highlighting really
      _doesn't_ matter. If I make a syntactical mistake, the
      browser/compiler/linker/whatever will catch it and complain. HTML is a bit
      tricky since the browser doesn't always do what I expect it to do...hence
      the next tool...

      CSE HTML Validator Lite - This tool validates the HTML code I write. If I
      forget to close a tag, it will let me know about it. This is my secondary
      syntactical checker after the browser. This is a freeware application.

      IE, Netscape, and Opera - These three browsers hold 98-99% of the browser
      market. If a webpage looks and runs correctly under all three, then it
      will probably look and run correctly under the remaining 1-2%. It can take
      a long time to develop the perfect website/webpage for the three browsers,
      but people will appreciate the effort.

      WS_FTP - The FTP tool that I use to FTP files up to a production webserver.
      Again, this is freeware.

      Xitami - An extremely stable web/FTP server. Testing webpages on a local
      web server is the best way to see what the pages will look like to everyone
      else. This also cuts out the step of uploading before testing the site
      since the files are on the local machine. Again, this is freeware and is
      also a well-supported piece of software from the developers.

      So, where can you get all of the above tools? Well, I found Notespad using
      Google.com and found the rest on download.com. However, download.com has
      an outdated version of Xitami, so the latest version can be obtained from
      <http://www.xitami.com/>.

      Hope this helps!

      Thomas J. Hruska -- shinelight@...
      http://www.shininglightpro.com/
    • Thomas J. Hruska
      Message 2 of 22 , Jan 1, 2002
        At 02:06 PM 1/1/2002 -0800, Bee Mail writeth:

        > <WS_FTP - The FTP tool that I use to FTP files up to a production webserver.
        >Again, this is freeware.>
        >
        >Have you tried this???

        Use it all the time. However, for someone who doesn't exactly understand
        what FTP is, it can be confusing.

        >If so could you please help me!!!! I am as lost as lost can be and here is
        the deal.

        >I have been blessad and very lucky. I serve on a council for our local Law
        Enforcement. I was offered a chance to do there Web site that 2 employess
        have both started adn got no where. I did one at my place of
        hosting---WTV-Zone.

        >Now, I went to the local company in charge of there web site and hosting.
        Why they never done the site I don't know and i am not about to ask since I
        am blessed with it. BUT any way..they told me I have FTP my site to them
        adn use this program.

        >I went in and and someone showed me how to get it. I have the just of it
        as far as the left side is pc and the right side the server. BUT I AM LOST
        AS TO WHAT I AM DOING. I have never used anythign so complicated in my
        life!!!!

        At least you figured that much out. Good.

        Basically, FTP is an ancient protocol which stands for File Transfer
        Protocol. So, what WS_FTP does is connect you to a server and allows you
        to transfer files to it. There are all sorts of details (annoyances?)
        about FTP that WS_FTP is about the only tool I've found that covers all of
        them effectively.

        So, let's say you have to connect to ftp.someserveroutthere.com to upload
        your page. If the connection window isn't open, click the "connect"
        button. A window will pop up and have a bunch of tabs and maybe some
        information pre-filled in the blanks. Click 'new'. Now enter a name for
        this connection in the box at the top. Then, enter
        ftp.someserveroutthere.com (replace this with whatever your webpage hoster
        has told you to enter) into the server blank. Then, uncheck the 'anonymous
        login' checkbox and enter your username and password and optionally check
        the 'save password' checkbox. Click save. Click 'OK'. If the connection
        fails, try again in a minute since the server could just be extremely busy.

        If it still fails, then you have hit one of those annoying details. If you
        are behind a firewall (or if the server is behind a firewall), there is a
        special mode of FTP called 'passive mode'. I won't go into details, but
        enabling 'passive mode' is easy. Click 'connect' and select the 'advanced'
        tab. Locate the 'passive transfers' checkbox and select it. Try
        connecting again. If it still doesn't work, make sure you entered the
        server name, username, and password in correctly (trying with both passive
        mode enabled and disabled). If it still doesn't work, then there is
        probably some miscommunication that took place somewhere along the line.

        Also, to prevent annoyances, I recommend turning off the logfile option.
        This is done by clicking the 'options' button and selecting the 'general'
        tab and unchecking the 'enable logging' checkbox.

        Once connected, use the left-hand side to move to the directory where the
        HTML files are stored. On the right-hand side is the server's directory
        structure (initially empty). Select the files (and/or directories) to
        upload to the server and click the arrow pointing toward the server window.
        WS_FTP will then upload the files and obtain the directory information on
        the server. If all goes well, everything will be uploaded just fine (be
        sure to check file sizes). If the file sizes are different, then ASCII
        mode is enabled (another annoying detail from MS-DOS days). You want
        "binary" mode for file uploads (be sure the 'binary' radio button at the
        bottom is selected). Re-upload the files if the file sizes are different.

        Now, go check the website at whatever page the web hosting service has told
        you the page will reside.

        Once you are done, disconnect from the server using either the "disconnect"
        or "exit" buttons. Most FTP sites will forcefully disconnect after a while
        of inactivity since it uses resources that could be better used by other
        people.

        Message 3 of 22 , Jan 1, 2002
          At 04:59 PM 1/1/2002 -0600, Chuck Baslock writeth:
          >Maybe I'm misreading this but:
          >Graphics are uploaded in "binary" mode.
          >Most everything else is uploaded in "ASCII".
          >
          >.txt .cgi .pl etc. etc. etc. are uploaded in "ASCII".
          >Even .htm and .html can be uploaded in "ASCII";
          >afterall they are text file are they not?
          >--------
          >> Once connected, use the left-hand side to move to the directory where the
          >> HTML files are stored. On the right-hand side is the server's directory
          >> structure (initially empty). Select the files (and/or directories) to
          >> upload to the server and click the arrow pointing toward the server
          >window.
          >> WS_FTP will then upload the files and obtain the directory information on
          >> the server. If all goes well, everything will be uploaded just fine (be
          >> sure to check file sizes). If the file sizes are different, then ASCII
          >> mode is enabled (another annoying detail from MS-DOS days). You want
          >> "binary" mode for file uploads (be sure the 'binary' radio button at the
          >> bottom is selected). Re-upload the files if the file sizes are different.

          I've encountered problems before when I didn't upload using binary mode.
          Using ASCII mode will convert carriage-return/newlines on Windows/DOS-based
          systems to whatever format is being used on the remote system. Depending
          on the remote system, the '\r\n' may or may not be converted correctly.
          This _can_ cause problems in all sorts of various ways and may/may not
          increase the file size on the remote system. Forcing binary file transfers
          will guarantee that what is on the local machine will end up on the remote
          system with the exact same number of bytes.

          Also, .cgi extensions are not always Perl/system scripts. They can also be
          binary executables.

          Now, while you may have never encountered the problems I have, you probably
          know how to fix them if they do occur. However, I was attempting to help
          Pamela avoid potential problems that she might have with WS_FTP by making
          sure the files were the same size.

          Hope this helps!

          Thomas J. Hruska -- shinelight@...
          http://www.shininglightpro.com/
        • Bee Mail
          Message 4 of 22 , Jan 1, 2002
            thanks for the info....I downloaded that First page 2000. I tried it out by makigna little fast page with Christmas pics. I never took time ot read and see what all is avaliable but it was pretty cool!!!
            thanks!!!
            Sandy <sandy_h@...> wrote:
            Here are some web sites that you may find helpful when developing your
            site -

            http://www.cyber-junkie.com/tools/colorcube.html With this site you can
            test out a background colour before you use it on your site.

            http://cyber-junkie.com/tools/framer/?url=http://www.rocketdownload.com/Deta
            ils/HTML/aascripter.htm
            Great for lovers of Java Script - here you can download a small free program
            ( AA Scripter 2.4 meg) which has hundreds of free javascripts. Includes
            working examples and code.

            http://www.evrsoft.com/
            Here you can download FirstPage 2000 - a great HTML editing program - and
            its FREE!

            Hope these are helpful.

            Sandy

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            ~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~*~*~*~*~*
            For help, subscribe, unsubscribe info, archives:
            http://www.WebPage-Tools.com/htmldl.asp !!
            ~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~*~*~*~*~*

            BEE-MAIL from~~~~~>"Honey"
            ~Happy Holidays 2 U~

          • Sandy
            Message 5 of 22 , Jan 1, 2002
              Hi Honey

              If you download AAScripter it has lots of cursor javascript - just like the
              kind you were after for your bee site.

              http://cyber-junkie.com/tools/framer/?url=http://www.rocketdownload.com/Deta
              ils/HTML/aascripter.htm

              (cut and paste the address into your browser - for some reason the link is
              not 'clickable' when it spans two lines).

              Sandy <sandy_h@...> wrote:
[...]

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              ~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~*~*~*~*~*
              For help, subscribe, unsubscribe info, archives:
              http://www.WebPage-Tools.com/htmldl.asp !!
              ~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~*~*~*~*~*

            • Michael Roush
              Message 6 of 22 , Jan 1, 2002
                Okay, y'all inspired me....

                I would like for any of you who are interested to
                please answer the following questions for me, and I
                will compile the results into a page that maybe we can
                all use as a resource page, and for new information...

                If you will send me your answers PRIVATELY, I will
                compile them and let the list know when I have
                completed the project. I would also be appreciative
                if anyone would like to help me with designing the
                pages. URL's for the resources that you name would
                also be appreciated.

                Thanks in advance!!

                Michael

                1) What program(s) do you use for writing HTML (e.g,
                FrontPage, DreamWeaver, HotDog, Notepad, etc.)

                2) What program(s) do you use for non-HTML inclusions
                (java-script, asp, flash, etc.)

                3) What books and online HTML references do you use
                the most?

                4) What books and online references for non-HTML
                inclusions to you use the most?

                5) What program(s) do you use to verify or "check" web
                pages as you complete them, if any?

                6) What program(s) do you use to design and manipulate
                graphics for your web pages?

                7) What program(s) do you use for File Transfer
                Protocol (FTP) access to upload your pages?

                8) What browser(s) do you use to view web pages?

                There, that ought to be enough information for Version
                One! I will set an initial deadline of two weeks
                before I start working on compiling the actual data.
                That will give me time to develop a basic "skin" for
                the website that will result. Around January 15, I'll
                try to remember to send out another "last minute"
                notice. I will include a "banner" or "sponsor" type
                link to any single page that each respondent gives.
                So, if you have a design business that you would like
                linked from this resource page, include it with your
                completed survey.

                Again, thanks in advance to everyone who submits

                Michael Roush
                mdroush@...

                http://greetings.yahoo.com
              • Chuck Baslock
                Message 7 of 22 , Jan 1, 2002
                  Try placing a "<" before and ">" after your URL when entering it in mail.
                  It should prevent the URL from being broken.

                  Chuck

                  Message 8 of 22 , Jan 1, 2002
[...]

                    Can you offer soem help please!!!!

                    thanks you

                    Pamela

                      -------

                      Message 10 of 22 , Jan 1, 2002
                        Oh my stars...is ther a HOW TO PAGE???? LOL I have copied off your instructions and I will go try!!! I had webtv before gettign a pc this spring. I had to ftp alot of stuff...but it was not so hard!!!
                        I don't understand why gettign MY site I made them is so hard to be done. GEEEEE!!!
                        Thank you so much for your time and instructions!!
                        pamela
                        "Thomas J. Hruska" <shinelight@...> wrote: At 02:06 PM 1/1/2002 -0800, Bee Mail writeth:

> [...]

                        "binary" mode for file uploads (be sure the 'binary' radio button at the
                        bottom is selected). Re-upload the files if the file sizes are different.

                        Now, go check the website at whatever page the web hosting service has told
                        you the page will reside.

                        Once you are done, disconnect from the server using either the "disconnect"
                        or "exit" buttons. Most FTP sites will forcefully disconnect after a while
                        of inactivity since it uses resources that could be better used by other
                        people.

                        Hope this helps!

                        Thomas J. Hruska -- shinelight@...
                        http://www.shininglightpro.com/

                        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                        ~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~*~*~*~*~*
                        For help, subscribe, unsubscribe info, archives:
                        http://www.WebPage-Tools.com/htmldl.asp !!
                        ~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~*~*~*~*~*

                      • Lokrin2000
                        Message 11 of 22 , Jan 2, 2002
                          1) What program(s) do you use for writing HTML (e.g,
                          FrontPage, DreamWeaver, HotDog, Notepad, etc.)

                          I use raw HTML that I learned from library books. HTML is a lot easier to learn than most poeple think. Try The Complete Idiots Guide to HTML by Paul McFedries.

                          I just cut and past java from sites like http://www.javascriptsource.com

                          3) What books and online HTML references do you use
                          the most?
                          I'll see if I can get a list of my favourite HTML pages...

                          4) What books and online references for non-HTML
                          inclusions to you use the most?

                          5) What program(s) do you use to verify or "check" web
                          pages as you complete them, if any?

                          I just check them out online, since I write them online! =)

                          6) What program(s) do you use to design and manipulate
                          graphics for your web pages?

                          None =(

                          7) What program(s) do you use for File Transfer
                          Protocol (FTP) access to upload your pages?

                          I either write on site or Use WS_FTP (Not very much)

                          8) What browser(s) do you use to view web pages?

                          IE6 (at home) and NS5 and IE5 (at the library)

                        • Wall, Mike
                          Message 12 of 22 , Jan 2, 2002
                            wrote:

                            >Here are the tools I use for developing webpages:
                            >
                            >Notespad - (Notice the 's'). In no way whatsoever does this application
                            >come even close to being notepad. The only feature lacking in this program
                            >that drives a lot of people away is syntax highlighting. Personally, after
                            >13+ years of programming, I've learned that syntax highlighting really
                            >_doesn't_ matter. If I make a syntactical mistake, the
                            >browser/compiler/linker/whatever will catch it and complain. HTML is a bit
                            >tricky since the browser doesn't always do what I expect it to do...hence
                            >the next tool...
                            >
                            >CSE HTML Validator Lite - This tool validates the HTML code I write. If I
                            >forget to close a tag, it will let me know about it. This is my secondary
                            >syntactical checker after the browser. This is a freeware application.

                            I use Arachnophilia which has both the above, and is free. It has a
                            really neat validator and will 'beautify' code for you, has an internal
                            browser for testing changes, website validation (missing/redundant link
                            checking etc) and has FTP facilities, although they're relatively simple and
                            I too use WS_FTP.

                            HTH

                            Mike

                            This e-mail is intended only for the above addressee. It may contain
                            privileged information. If you are not the addressee you must not copy,
                            distribute, disclose or use any of the information in it. If you have
                            received it in error please delete it and immediately notify the sender.

                            evolvebank.com is a division of Lloyds TSB Bank plc.
                            Lloyds TSB Bank plc, 71 Lombard Street, London EC3P 3BS. Registered in
                            England, number 2065. Telephone No: 020 7626 1500
                            Lloyds TSB Scotland plc, Henry Duncan House, 120 George Street,
                            Edinburgh EH2 4LH. Registered in Scotland, number 95237. Telephone
                            No: 0131 225 4555

                            Lloyds TSB Bank plc and Lloyds TSB Scotland plc are regulated by the
                            Personal Investment Authority and represent only the Scottish Widows
                            and Lloyds TSB Marketing Group for life assurance, pensions and
                            investment business.

                            Members of the UK Banking Ombudsman Scheme and signatories to the UK
                            Banking Code.
                          • bugsmckenzie
                            Message 13 of 22 , Jan 2, 2002
                              I just wanted to thank you for the reference to Arachnophilia. It
                              sounds like a real good program, and the price is right !!

                              Joe & Monty Hansen
                              "One cat just leads to another." --Ernest Hemingway
                              http://www.geocities.com/bugsmckenzie

                              --- In HTML-on-the-WEB@y..., "Wall, Mike" <MWALL@L...> wrote:

                              > > Thomas J. Hruska [SMTP:shinelight@s...]
                              > wrote:
                              >
                              > >Here are the tools I use for developing webpages:
                              > >
                              > >Notespad - (Notice the 's'). In no way whatsoever does this
                              application
                              > >come even close to being notepad. The only feature lacking in
                              this program
                              > >that drives a lot of people away is syntax highlighting.
                              Personally, after
                              > >13+ years of programming, I've learned that syntax highlighting
                              really
                              > >_doesn't_ matter. If I make a syntactical mistake, the
                              > >browser/compiler/linker/whatever will catch it and complain. HTML
                              is a bit
                              > >tricky since the browser doesn't always do what I expect it to
                              do...hence
                              > >the next tool...
                              > >
                              > >CSE HTML Validator Lite - This tool validates the HTML code I
                              write. If I
                              > >forget to close a tag, it will let me know about it. This is my
                              secondary
                              > >syntactical checker after the browser. This is a freeware
                              application.

                              > I use Arachnophilia which has both the above, and is free. It
                              has a
                              > really neat validator and will 'beautify' code for you, has an
                              internal
                              > browser for testing changes, website validation (missing/redundant
                              link
                              > checking etc) and has FTP facilities, although they're relatively
                              simple and
                              > I too use WS_FTP.
                              >
                              > HTH
                              >
                              > Mike
                            • Thomas J. Hruska
                              Message 14 of 22 , Jan 2, 2002
                                At 03:29 PM 1/2/2002 -0800, Bee Mail writeth:
                                > I am still fighting with WS-FTP. I really don't know what the heck I am
                                >doing...and what the heck is this stuff that came up. Any way to get
                                instuctions
                                >on this program I have looked everywhere????? I hate usign somethign I know
                                >NOTHING about!
                                >Frustrated and Lost!!!

                                I can tell that you are frustrated/confused/etc., but the information that
                                you are providing to me about your problem is minimalistic and I have
                                nothing to go on to help you any more than I did before. The instructions
                                I gave you are probably more complete than anything else out there on
                                WS_FTP. It is a fairly intuitive program, but does have its quirks since
                                it has been around for a long time.

                                The best way to go from here is to take a couple deep breaths (to clear the
                                mind of cobwebs) and describe the problem(s) in detail as well as the
                                instructions the web hoster has given to you (just server information -
                                don't send usernames/passwords!!!).

                                Message 15 of 22 , Jan 2, 2002
                                  bugsmckenzie <blondie2005@...> wrote: I just wanted to thank you for the reference to Arachnophilia. It
                                  sounds like a real good program, and the price is right !!

                                  Joe & Monty Hansen
                                  "One cat just leads to another." --Ernest Hemingway
                                  http://www.geocities.com/bugsmckenzie

                                  --- In HTML-on-the-WEB@y..., "Wall, Mike" <MWALL@L...> wrote:

                                  > > Thomas J. Hruska [SMTP:shinelight@s...]
                                  > wrote:
                                  >
                                  > >Here are the tools I use for developing webpages:
                                  > >
                                  > >Notespad - (Notice the 's'). In no way whatsoever does this
                                  application
                                  > >come even close to being notepad. The only feature lacking in
                                  this program
                                  > >that drives a lot of people away is syntax highlighting.
                                  Personally, after
                                  > >13+ years of programming, I've learned that syntax highlighting
                                  really
                                  > >_doesn't_ matter. If I make a syntactical mistake, the
                                  > >browser/compiler/linker/whatever will catch it and complain. HTML
                                  is a bit
                                  > >tricky since the browser doesn't always do what I expect it to
                                  do...hence
                                  > >the next tool...
                                  > >
                                  > >CSE HTML Validator Lite - This tool validates the HTML code I
                                  write. If I
                                  > >forget to close a tag, it will let me know about it. This is my
                                  secondary
                                  > >syntactical checker after the browser. This is a freeware
                                  application.

                                  > I use Arachnophilia which has both the above, and is free. It
                                  has a
                                  > really neat validator and will 'beautify' code for you, has an
                                  internal
                                  > browser for testing changes, website validation (missing/redundant
                                  link
                                  > checking etc) and has FTP facilities, although they're relatively
                                  simple and
                                  > I too use WS_FTP.
                                  >
                                  > HTH
                                  >
                                  > Mike

                                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                                  ~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~*~*~*~*~*
                                  For help, subscribe, unsubscribe info, archives:
                                  http://www.WebPage-Tools.com/htmldl.asp !!
                                  ~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~*~*~*~*~*

                                  BEE-MAIL from~~~~~>"Honey"

                                • Robert and Helene Schuller
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Jan 2, 2002
                                    Hello !
                                    Don't despair!! You are not alone :)
                                    I am someone that it 100% totally ignorant of WS_FTP and yet I use it with ease. How I got it set up correctly was that I cheated a bit. My server is earthlink. Whenever I upgrade the pc to a new one or eg when I got the laptop, I don't like to use the CD's that they give ie aol, earthlink etc as it puts a ton of stuff everywhere that ends up in the trashcan. Instead I call the tech support line. They have talked me through setting up for earthlink and WS_FTP. Made my life extremely simple. If you can, why not give it a try.
                                    Helene

                                    Yesterday is the past.,
                                    .........Tomorrow is the future.,
                                    .................Today is a gift - that's why we call it the present.
                                    Visit our home page at :
                                    http://www.home.earthlink.net/~heleneschuller/index.htm
                                    I am still fighting with WS-FTP. I really don't know what the heck I am doing...and what the heck is this stuff that came up. Any way to get instuctions on this program I have looked everywhere????? I hate usign somethign I know NOTHING about!
                                    Frustrated and Lost!!!
                                    bugsmckenzie <blondie2005@...> wrote: I just wanted to thank you for the reference to Arachnophilia. It
                                    sounds like a real good program, and the price is right !!

                                    Joe & Monty Hansen
                                    "One cat just leads to another." --Ernest Hemingway
                                    http://www.geocities.com/bugsmckenzie

                                    --- In HTML-on-the-WEB@y..., "Wall, Mike" <MWALL@L...> wrote:

                                    > > Thomas J. Hruska [SMTP:shinelight@s...]
                                    > wrote:
                                    >
                                    > >Here are the tools I use for developing webpages:
                                    > >
                                    > >Notespad - (Notice the 's'). In no way whatsoever does this
                                    application
                                    > >come even close to being notepad. The only feature lacking in
                                    this program
                                    > >that drives a lot of people away is syntax highlighting.
                                    Personally, after
                                    > >13+ years of programming, I've learned that syntax highlighting
                                    really
                                    > >_doesn't_ matter. If I make a syntactical mistake, the
                                    > >browser/compiler/linker/whatever will catch it and complain. HTML
                                    is a bit
                                    > >tricky since the browser doesn't always do what I expect it to
                                    do...hence
                                    > >the next tool...
                                    > >
                                    > >CSE HTML Validator Lite - This tool validates the HTML code I
                                    write. If I
                                    > >forget to close a tag, it will let me know about it. This is my
                                    secondary
                                    > >syntactical checker after the browser. This is a freeware
                                    application.

                                    > I use Arachnophilia which has both the above, and is free. It
                                    has a
                                    > really neat validator and will 'beautify' code for you, has an
                                    internal
                                    > browser for testing changes, website validation (missing/redundant
                                    link
                                    > checking etc) and has FTP facilities, although they're relatively
                                    simple and
                                    > I too use WS_FTP.
                                    >
                                    > HTH
                                    >
                                    > Mike

                                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                                    ~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~*~*~*~*~*
                                    For help, subscribe, unsubscribe info, archives:
                                    http://www.WebPage-Tools.com/htmldl.asp !!
                                    ~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~*~*~*~*~*

                                    BEE-MAIL from~~~~~>"Honey"

                                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                                    ~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~*~*~*~*~*
                                    For help, subscribe, unsubscribe info, archives:
                                    http://www.WebPage-Tools.com/htmldl.asp !!
                                    ~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~*~*~*~*~*

                                  • mindy ruzumna
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jan 2, 2002
                                      http://www.geocities.com/liquidcoresoftware/easyftp/

                                      You can download easy FTP from here. It is free and very user friendly -
                                      very colorful, etc.

                                      Mindy

                                      Mindy, Elvis Puggy, Scratchy Cat, Buster and KC
                                      Pugmom4@...

                                      Come on over and check out our pics!

                                      http://members.home.net/pugmom4/homepage2.htm

                                      Come join the new west coast pug lovers list:

                                      The greatness of a nation and it's
                                      moral progress can be judged by the way it's
                                      animals are treated. GANDHI

                                    • Bee Mail
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Jan 3, 2002
                                        Gee ya know I really don't know where to start so I guess I am helpless here!!! I don't understand all the stuff on the FTP thing at all. Now I did what ya said and walked away, came back this mornign and thru messing around I just SOMEHOW got the darn site Transloaded. Ic alled the hosters and they said the site made it BUT on the left I have my buttons done in flash adn that never made it. So.....needles to say---I am tryign ot transload the flash buttons.
                                        NOW this I can explain a bit better so maybe I can get help.
                                        Ok......these buttons are in my pc under MY DOCUMENTS..
                                        I assume I have to get them on the left side????? Either way--left or right....HOW do I get this file up and to my site????
                                        thanks and sorry to sound liek I know so little I have no business makeign sites...it is just this FTP thing is totally new to me and I am so lost!!!

                                        Message 19 of 22 , Jan 3, 2002
                                          Thank you for your great idea..I went to WS-FTP site and was lookign for a phone number, couldn't find it but in the messign around process with messign with things..i transloaded the site. I need to do that though. Once I have been walked thru and understand I will be ok!!!
                                          thanks--that was a great idea!!
                                          Robert and Helene Schuller <heleneschuller@...> wrote: Hello !
> [...]

                                          is a bit
                                          > >tricky since the browser doesn't always do what I expect it to
                                          do...hence
                                          > >the next tool...
                                          > >
                                          > >CSE HTML Validator Lite - This tool validates the HTML code I
                                          write. If I
                                          > >forget to close a tag, it will let me know about it. This is my
                                          secondary
                                          > >syntactical checker after the browser. This is a freeware
                                          application.

                                          > I use Arachnophilia which has both the above, and is free. It
                                          has a
                                          > really neat validator and will 'beautify' code for you, has an
                                          internal
                                          > browser for testing changes, website validation (missing/redundant
                                          link
                                          > checking etc) and has FTP facilities, although they're relatively

                                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor