Re: moving nav menu

  • Morris R. MacIver
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1, 2001
      --- In HTML-on-the-WEB@y..., "Dean Hamack" <tactics@p...> wrote:
      > Hi there,
      >
      > Anybody out there have the code for the little navigation bars that
      move as
      > you scroll? There's an example of what I'm talking about here:
      >
      > http://swatmagazine.com/authors.htm
      >
      > It's the little blue thing on the left that says "SWAT Lineup".
      >
      > I can't figure it out.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Dean Hamack

      It's similar to one on the following site:
      http://www.scriptzone-fr.com
      click on DHTML, the fourth page and the script is "FMenu", but this
      site is in French. It's the best version I've seen nevertheless.

      you also get it on http://javascript.internet.com/
      You need to click on "navigation" and it's the script called "Portable
      Menu"

      There is lots more interesting stuff on those two sites which I use
      quite a bit to add effects to my site, but be careful not to add too
      many, nor to make a site reliant on these scripts as some browsers
      can't handle them and some users don't like them.
    • gordon stewart
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1, 2001
        > Message: 7
        > Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 18:11:16 -0700
        > From: "Dean Hamack" <tactics@...>
        > Subject: RE: moving nav menu
        >
        > That's why I asked if anybody had the code :)
        >
        > It's contained in an external file which can't be
        > seen by doing a "view
        > source".
        >
        > Dean Hamack

        The code can be found by going :-

        http://swatmagazine.com/ssmItems.js

        However you cant view it online, - save to disk & open
        with a text-editor...

        Its too long to quote here....

        That file has the floating menu code..

        G.

        =====
        G. Stewart
        New Zealand chat & Discussion group email
        new_zealand-help@yahoogroups.com for details.
      • Dean Hamack
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 1, 2001
          Thanks to all who answered my moving nav menu question.

          It took some work, but I figured it out.

          You actually need two .js files to pull it of, and a link from the html page
          to both, but it's relatively easy.

          If anybody would like it, I will PEM you the two files and a page with the
          link.

          Thanks again folks.

          Dean Hamack
          Bushido Designs
          tactics@...
          Tel:(360)366-1062
          Fax:(360)366-3418
        • Allison Chapman
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 1, 2001
            I would love it! Im trying to learn all this JS stuff. LOL

            ~ allison ~

            Thanks to all who answered my moving nav menu question.

            It took some work, but I figured it out.

            You actually need two .js files to pull it of, and a link from the html page
            to both, but it's relatively easy.

            If anybody would like it, I will PEM you the two files and a page with the
            link.

            Thanks again folks.

            Dean Hamack
            Bushido Designs
            tactics@...
            Tel:(360)366-1062
            Fax:(360)366-3418

            For help, subscribe, unsubscribe info, archives:
            http://www.WebPage-Tools.com/htmldl.asp!!

          • David Prince
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 1, 2001
              I would like to have it also