Re: [HTML-on-the-WEB] RSS feed coding

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 9, 2013
      On 2/8/2013 12:57 PM, Dave wrote:
      > Hi folks. Just a basic html guy so be easy on me. lol!
      >
      > Need some code for an rss feed. Want to make a yahoo group messages appear on a website of mine. I have the rss feed url from the group.
      >
      > Need code to have it appear on the site.
      >
      > Would like the code to easily work on phones etc.
      >
      > Haven't much luck googling for it. Any help is appreciated.
      >
      > Thank you very much,
      > Dave

      FYI, you should not pull a live RSS feed from a server on a webpage.
      Caching it on your own host for the allotted TTL is more resource
      friendly to remote hosts than pulling it every single page load. A lot
      of the Javascript-based solutions out there encourage pulling live feeds.

      As to parsing RSS feeds, there are a number of tools available. The RSS
      feed format is XML, so you can generally throw standard XML parsers at
      it and it'll work. Broken XML should be ignored anyway.

      I've got great, time saving software that you might find useful.

      http://cubiclesoft.com/