FormMail and vandals

  • Robin Chapple
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2012
      I have many forms using FormMail.

      I have excluded the computer generated vandals with this code:

      <!-- ---------------------------------- -->
      <label for="_email">
      Ignore this text box.
      </label>
      <input type="text" name="_email" size="1" value="" />
      It is used to detect spammers.<br />
      If you enter anything into this text box, your message<br />
      will not be sent.</span>

      Which improved the nuisance when it was first applied years ago.

      Recently I have a rash of garbage forms that appear to have
      circumvented this protection.

      Is there a way to prevent rubbish like 'cIEiRhpdUHVp' and
      'GcizrGsvXcm' from being sent or do I need to change to a different
      form system?

      Many thanks,

      Robin Chapple