List text adjustment

  • Scottish2
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 30 6:26 AM
      Hi All

      Quick question for you.

      I tend to use

      A lot as I just prefer neat paragraphs without the choppy endings. But
      had a slight issue today. See the below link for the issue

      http://freetibetnow.t15.org/Tibet_Fest/index.php?categories_file=Participants

      If you scroll to the Handicraft section mid page you will see 2 of the
      bullets are paragraphs and I use the code above. Problem is doing so
      adds extra spacing before the Dharma Art listing there is sort of an
      extra wide gap between bullets and also between Dharma and Padma Candles
      and I would assume after Padma Candles but list ends so.....

      Is there any way to align text justified WITHOUT the added spaces I
      assume the P tags are adding???

      Thanks
      Dave
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 30 7:38 AM
        On 6/30/2012 6:26 AM, Scottish2 wrote:
        > Hi All
        >
        > Quick question for you.
        >
        > I tend to use

        > A lot as I just prefer neat paragraphs without the choppy endings. But
        > had a slight issue today. See the below link for the issue
        >
        > http://freetibetnow.t15.org/Tibet_Fest/index.php?categories_file=Participants
        >
        > If you scroll to the Handicraft section mid page you will see 2 of the
        > bullets are paragraphs and I use the code above. Problem is doing so
        > adds extra spacing before the Dharma Art listing there is sort of an
        > extra wide gap between bullets and also between Dharma and Padma Candles
        > and I would assume after Padma Candles but list ends so.....
        >
        > Is there any way to align text justified WITHOUT the added spaces I
        > assume the P tags are adding???
        >
        > Thanks
        > Dave

        You should be using 'text-align' in CSS instead of the 'align' attribute.

        p {
        text-align: justify;
        }

        The 'p' tag on that page has defaults applied, which means there is a
        margin applied from the default browser stylesheet. Again, CSS here
        would solve the problem:

        li p {
        margin: 0;
        }

        Barebones CMS is a high-performance, open source content management
        system for web developers operating in a team environment.

        An open source CubicleSoft initiative.
        Your choice of a MIT or LGPL license.

        http://barebonescms.com/
      • Scottish2
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2012
          Thanks for it sorted it from what you said so spaces removed now. Thanks!