CSS & SPAN tags

  • Gordon Stewart
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 6, 2011
      Hello.

      I'm using this with some SMARTY tags - Its within a left-aligned (outer) DIV..

      left;">{$items.Title|capitalize}</span>
      {$items.Story}</span><br />

      Basically, What I want, is the title, & the item number on one line -
      the item number aligned to the right.

      It works as I like - however the title & the line number have a
      different background colour.. - The gap between the two items has a
      white background.

      is there a way in CSS to make the WHOLE line the same background
      colour (the style)..

      i tried to do this - But it only made the title background change -
      The item number is white...

      left;">{$items.Title|capitalize}

      can anyone help..

      Auckland Freecycle - New Zealand
      http://nz.freecycle.org/
    • Gordon Stewart
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 6, 2011
        I've figured it out (after finding the "right" code that worked).

        width / float / margin :)

        .issue_item_header
        {
        width: 100%;
        float: left;
        margin: 0 0 1em 0;
        padding: 0;
        background-color: beige;
        color: blue;
        font-style: bold;
        font-size: 130%
        }

        .issue_item_category
        {
        width: 100%;
        float: left;
        margin: 0 0 1em 0;
        padding: 0;
        background-color: beige;
        color: black;
        font-style: bold;
        font-size: 160%;
        text-align: center;
        }

        Auckland Freecycle - New Zealand
        http://nz.freecycle.org/
      • Nigel Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 6, 2011
          OK, so I see plenty of code examples showing the use of, for example, template engine variables, but what in the page
          tells the server to send the page to the template engine to be compiled?