Government wants to update ADA for cyberspace

  • ** Maria Marsala **
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 15, 2010
      http://www.seattlepi.com/business/430201_cyberada.html?source=pimail

      Thought you might be interested in discussing this article that may
      someday affect web designers.

      Upwards and onwards,

      Maria Marsala

      Master Business Strategist, Professional Speaker,
      Author, and former Wall Street Trader

      Plan, Perform, Profit!

      We help women who own B2Bs reach their full potentials in both their
      business and
      personal lives. Learn more at Elevating Your Business.com

      Connect With Us Online:
      Ask Maria to speak at your next conference: www.ActNowSeminars.com
      Linkedin www.Linkedin.com/in/mariamarsala
      Twitter www.Twitter.com/mariamarsala
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 15, 2010
        On 11/15/2010 9:49 PM, ** Maria Marsala ** wrote:
        > http://www.seattlepi.com/business/430201_cyberada.html?source=pimail
        >
        > Thought you might be interested in discussing this article that may
        > someday affect web designers.

        When I first read the subject line, I thought you were referring to ADA,
        the programming language (used extensively by the DoD) or the American
        Dental Association. Too many ADA acronyms I guess.

        Everything costs money. Fortunately the government moves at a snail's
        pace. It will be another decade before anyone rolls out an effective
        law that actually affects us. I'm hoping by that time we'll have
        awesome tools at our disposal that will make meeting the needs of
        disabled folk, in terms of web development, super easy to do.

        Barebones CMS is a high-performance, open source content management
        system for web developers operating in a team environment.

        An open source CubicleSoft initiative.
        Your choice of a MIT or LGPL license.

        http://barebonescms.com/