Re: [HTML-on-the-WEB] wordpress blog Log in problem: The Sage Contined...

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2 7:59 AM
      On 7/31/2010 6:27 PM, ** Maria Marsala ** wrote:
      > So.. The story is that at my blog www.MarketingWithIntegrity.com no
      > one can log into the comments, although we used to be able to. The
      > url in the LOG IN button is
      > http://marketingwithintegrity.com/stauffer/http://marketingwithintegri
      > ty.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http://marketingwithintegrity.com/?p=4
      > 96
      > <http://marketingwithintegrity.com/stauffer/http:/marketingwithintegri
      > ty.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=http://marketingwithintegrity.com/?p=4
      > 96> which doesn't exist.
      >

      > My hosting company checked the htaaccess files and made a fix there.
      > But said there was one other problem. The Hosting company doesn't
      > help me with Wordpress problems, but here is what they said, and I'm
      > sure that someone here can tell me how to fix this code!
      >

      > What I gather from his response was that when I upgraded Wordpress ,
      > it must have written over some important code. But I don't know how
      > to fix it. Here is his message to me.
      >

      > Hello,
      >
      > This appears to be an issue with your elements-of-seo theme. In
      > wp-content/themes/elements-of-seo/comments.php, on line 73, there is
      > the following line:
      > wp-content/themes/elements-of-seo/comments.php:73:<p>You must be<a
      > href="../stauffer/<?php echo get_option('siteurl');
      > ?>/wp-login.php?redirect_to=<?php the_permalink(); ?>">logged in</a>
      > to post a comment.</p>
      >

      > In particular, the first part, '../stauffer/' is what is causing this
      > issue. It is attempting to set up a link for<yoursite>/stauffer/<your
      > site url>/wp-login.php?etc, which is, of course, failing. You will
      > either need to edit this file, speak with the developer of the theme,
      > or find someone who is able to assist with this coding matter.
      > Unfortunately, while I was able to find it, I am not authorized to
      > actually make changes to site code. Please let us know, however, if
      > you have any further issues that we can assist with, and I hope that
      > this will let you find a good starting point to fix the problem.
      >

      > Upwards and onwards,
      >

      > Maria Marsala

      I already answered your question in a previous reply: Look at the
      default theme and compare that code against your current theme. Your
      current theme code is wrong.

      Barebones CMS is a high-performance, open source content management
      system for web developers operating in a team environment.

      An open source CubicleSoft initiative.
      Your choice of a MIT or LGPL license.

      http://barebonescms.com/