can you see this podcast page?

  • ** Maria Marsala **
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7 9:16 AM
      When I go online, I can see it fine.

      However, Chrome and a friend who have the same IE as I have, says when
      they click on the page, all they see is the code. And they sent me the
      pictures of the code; yea, it's the background code.

      Any suggestions on how to fix it? Do you have a better template for
      podcasts and RSS feeds?

      http://www.elevatingyourbusiness.com/podcast.xml

      Upwards and onwards,

      Maria Marsala

      Business Advisor, Speaker, Author, and former Wall Street Trader

      Insightful Solutions. Lasting Results.

      In 10 minutes you can learn which areas of your business scream for
      your

      immediate attention and which areas deserve a hurrah! Take our
      Business

      Checkup at http://www.ElevatingYourBusiness.com
      <http://www.elevatingyourbusiness.com/>

    • Michael Roush
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 8 6:32 AM
        --- On Sun, 2/7/10, ** Maria Marsala ** <groupmail@...> wrote:

        > However, Chrome and a friend who have the same IE as I
        > have, says when
        > they click on the page, all they see is the code. And they
        > sent me the
        > pictures of the code; yea, it's the background code.
        >
        > Any suggestions on how to fix it? Do you have a better
        > template for
        > podcasts and RSS feeds?

        Ummm, I'm not sure what you want fixed. It's an xml page. It's just code.

        If your browser is doing something nifty with the formatting, it's because of something special that has been done in your browser, not some fault of the code.

        Everyone else will see the xml code laid out in whatever way the browser decides to show xml code with no style information attached to it.

        Someone could, alternatively, paste that url into an rss feed reader/aggregator and let that do the formatting work. Is that what you're wanting people to see?

        Michael
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 8 4:30 PM
          ** Maria Marsala ** wrote:

          > When I go online, I can see it fine.
          >
          > However, Chrome and a friend who have the same IE as I have, says when
          > they click on the page, all they see is the code. And they sent me the
          > pictures of the code; yea, it's the background code.
          >
          > Any suggestions on how to fix it? Do you have a better template for
          > podcasts and RSS feeds?
          >
          > http://www.elevatingyourbusiness.com/podcast.xml

          LOTS of issues with the feed itself:

          http://beta.feedvalidator.org/check.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.elevatingyourbusiness.com%2Fpodcast.xml

          In addition, the content type for the document is 'application/xml'. It
          should be 'application/rss+xml' or 'text/xml' (the latter seems better
          supported by some RSS readers).

          Even after fixing stuff, keep in mind that RSS is only meant to be
          scraped and manipulated. If it displays as something "useful", that is
          just the browser or RSS reader doing some styling of the content (XSLT).
          And such displays are highly browser/reader dependent. It may show
          fine on your computer but someone else gets the RSS code.

          Ph: 517-803-4197

          *NEW* MyTaskFocus 1.1
          Get on task. Stay on task.

          http://www.CubicleSoft.com/MyTaskFocus/