Re: online movies

  • elevatingyourbusiness
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 1, 2009
      Thanks everyone. I'll try on a few of your suggestions.
    • Michael Roush
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 3, 2009
        --- On Fri, 7/31/09, *Maria Marsala* <groupmail@...> wrote:

        > I want to create a mini-movie of
        > photos from a trip to embed on
        > my website..
        >
        > What simple programs are you using for this?
        >
        > Is there something simple that I can use that also allows
        > me to
        > add music or captions on or beneath the photo?

        Photo slideshow, varied entrance-exit effects, text captions that can enter/exit/fade, etc., and background music....

        If this were my project, I'd use OpenOffice Impress (an Open Source "clone" of Microsoft PowerPoint) to create the show like a self-advancing presentation, and then export the show as a Flash file. Impress does all this natively. PowerPoint, I believe, requires a plug-in or a third-party app to create a Flash version.

        Michael
      • ** Elevating Your Business **
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 16, 2009
          Thanks everyone for your video making suggestions. Photo Story
          for Windows works even better than I imagined.

          I created an MP3

          What code would I put on my site so that people can see the
          video?

          Upwards and onwards,
          Maria Marsala

          Strategic Business Collaborator,  Speaker, Author and former Wall
          Street Trader
          Cell:  (360) 271-8418    Office:  (425) 440-9659
          _

          Are you a business owner or independent service professional
          looking to reach their
          goal$ more quickly? Ready to create greater success personally
          and professionally?
          If you lack a strategic plan, together we'll get yours ready to
          execute in less than 12 hrs. Contact us today at
          http://www.ElevatingYourBusiness.com

          Elevating Your Business Companies include:
          ** Book Maria, Business & Social Networking Speaker:
          http://www.MariaMarsala.com
          ** Business & Marketing Plan:
          http://www.BusinessAndMarketing.com
          http://www.BusinessAndMarketing.com
          ** Twitter Us: http://twitter.com/mariamarsala
        • Nigel Gunn G8IFF/W8IFF
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 17, 2009
            You sure you didn't create an MP4?
            MP3 is audio only.

            ** Elevating Your Business ** wrote:
            > Thanks everyone for your video making suggestions. Photo Story
            > for Windows works even better than I imagined.
            >
            > I created an MP3
            >
            > What code would I put on my site so that people can see the
            > video?
          • ** Elevating Your Business **

              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 18, 2009
                ** Elevating Your Business ** wrote:
                > Nope. Says it's an MP3 and when I click on it, it does open
                > into a movie. I left the sound off though.
                >

                > Upwards and onwards,
                > Maria Marsala

                Then it isn't a MP3. MP3 is an audio file format, not a video file
                format. Your player may be analyzing the content and determining its
                actual file format. Many multimedia players are not that intelligent
                and will fail to play the file. You need to figure out what format the
                file actually is and name the file appropriately.

                Ph: 517-803-4197

                *NEW* MyTaskFocus 1.1
                Get on task. Stay on task.

                http://www.CubicleSoft.com/MyTaskFocus/
              • ** Elevating Your Business **
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 19, 2009
                  Lets go back a step or two

                  1> Who uses Photo by Microsoft and what should the format be when
                  I save a movie?

                  2> What is the code I should put on my website or blog to show
                  the video?

                  Upwards and onwards,
                  Maria Marsala

                  Strategic Operations Advisor,  Speaker, Author and former Wall