DIVS & Refresh ?

  • Sarah Fox
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 12, 2009
      Hi,

      I've been reading & see some articles mentioning DIV's - & how they
      can seperate out pages to replace tables/frames etc...

      does anyone know of good tutorials on divs ? (Beginners one please)

      Is it possible, to refresh one div - Without changing the rest of the
      page ? like frames - Or is that not true ?

      Thank you
    • Nigel G8IFF/W8IFF
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 12, 2009
        A DIV has no inherent functionality. It is used to delimit a section of
        the page that can then be associated with a set of rules in the style sheet.
        The equivalent tablre/frame layout details are in the style sheet.
        It's a CSS tutorial you need.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 12, 2009
          Sarah Fox wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > I've been reading & see some articles mentioning DIV's - & how they
          > can seperate out pages to replace tables/frames etc...
          >
          > does anyone know of good tutorials on divs ? (Beginners one please)
          >
          > Is it possible, to refresh one div - Without changing the rest of the
          > page ? like frames - Or is that not true ?
          >
          > Thank you

          What you are reading about sounds like AJAX. Although, these days that
          buzzword doesn't really depict what is typically done with the concept.
          It is quickly turning into AJAJ (JSON/Javascript) or AJAH (HTML)
          depending on how the data being returned is used. Getting buzzwords to
          change is difficult. I digress.

          If you want to use AJAX, you are going to need to learn Javascript and
          preferably leverage a Javascript library. I highly recommend using
          jQuery. jQuery is the best thing to come along in a LONG time and I've
          used several Javascript libraries. I've gotten quite a bit of mileage
          out of jQuery and it makes short work of AJAX.

          Ph: 517-803-4197

          *NEW* MyTaskFocus 1.1
          Get on task. Stay on task.

          http://www.CubicleSoft.com/MyTaskFocus/