Re: [HTML-on-the-WEB] Custom Google Search - This site may harm your computer

  • Bob
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
      From: "Gordon Stewart"
      Sent: Saturday, January 31, 2009 3:05 PM
      Subject: [HTML-on-the-WEB] Custom Google Search - This site may harm your computer
      > Hi,
      >
      > I'm off to bed, but just did a quick search on a site that I run,
      > which has a custom Google search thing on it.
      >
      > The site has NOTHING (bad) on it -
      >
      > :- Just 1 logo (graphic - jpg)
      > :- HTML
      > :- CSS
      > :- Google search thing...
      >
      > Its been working fine for months - It searches the site - & does
      > bring results...
      >
      > I've searchesd tonight / now (several words / phrases) & ALL the
      > search terms bring up this Google site saying
      >
      > "Warning - visiting this web site may harm your computer"
      >
      > If I put the URL in directly of my site - It comes up fine......
      >

      > Has this part of google broken recently ?

      Hi Gordon,
      It was in the Sunday papers about the Google glitch, which happened for 40 minutes.
      It stated they've sorted it, but unsure what caused it, and added, "We're making enquires."

      The headline was great. "We dropped a Google-y".
      Bob E.
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
        >> I'm off to bed, but just did a quick search on a site that I run,
        >> which has a custom Google search thing on it.
        >>
        >> The site has NOTHING (bad) on it -
        >>
        >> :- Just 1 logo (graphic - jpg)
        >> :- HTML
        >> :- CSS
        >> :- Google search thing...
        >>
        >> Its been working fine for months - It searches the site - & does
        >> bring results...
        >>
        >> I've searchesd tonight / now (several words / phrases) & ALL the
        >> search terms bring up this Google site saying
        >>
        >> "Warning - visiting this web site may harm your computer"
        >>
        >> If I put the URL in directly of my site - It comes up fine......
        >>

        >> Has this part of google broken recently ?
        >
        > Hi Gordon,
        > It was in the Sunday papers about the Google glitch, which happened for 40 minutes.
        > It stated they've sorted it, but unsure what caused it, and added, "We're making enquires."
        >
        > The headline was great. "We dropped a Google-y".
        > Bob E.

        Er...Google does know what caused it:

        http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/01/this-site-may-harm-your-computer-on.html

        Ph: 517-803-4197

        *NEW* MyTaskFocus 1.1
        Get on task. Stay on task.

        http://www.CubicleSoft.com/MyTaskFocus/
      • Bob
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
          >> It was in the Sunday papers about the Google glitch, which happened for 40 minutes.
          >> It stated they've sorted it, but unsure what caused it, and added, "We're making enquires."
          >>
          >> The headline was great. "We dropped a Google-y".
          >> Bob E.
          >
          > Er...Google does know what caused it:
          >
          > http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/01/this-site-may-harm-your-computer-on.html

          Hi Thomas,
          The article I read was a bit "tongue in cheek", yep it was a British newspaper.
          I still liked the headline though.
          Regards, Bob E.