CSS aggravation

  • Dean Hamack
    Message 1 of 42 , Feb 1 11:13 AM
      A rant: you know why people still use tables? Because it's frickin impossible to make things
      look the same way with CSS.

      For example: right now I am working on a new site. I want all of my content to appear inside
      this very cool victorian looking frame I spent 15 hours slicing. There's a top, right, left, and
      bottom border, as well as 4 corner images.

      I've tried every possible way imaginable to do this with css, and it just ain't working. My
      content flows outside the frame and overlaps it:

      http://www.bushidodesigns.net/clients/sg/index2.htm

      If I used a table, I could simply make it 3 rows, and 3 columns, specify the height and width
      to be 100%, and drop my content in the center cell.

      Does anyone have an idea as to how it's possible to do this with CSS? I really don't want to
      have to mess up my beautiful code with tables, but I'm getting pretty irritated.
    • Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/KC8NHF
      Message 42 of 42 , Mar 7, 2007
        The most popular ispossibly Mailman.
        http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/