Re: [HTML-on-the-WEB] Forms program

  • Brendan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2007
      I agree, I use d.w. and flash 8. follow it up with php5

      it's always better when you write it yourself, it cuts out all the "generator" stuff that you end
      up having to go and edit anyway...

      happy new year, happy coding
      --- "Nigel A. Gunn G8IFF/KC8NHF" <nigel@...> wrote:

      > I write mine by hand. Far neater code. Any server side script to handle the
      > form I do with PHP5.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Michael Roush
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2007
        <discuss@...> wrote:

        > Is there a free or low cost forms program that you use to create forms
        > for
        > your web site? Not something you know about, but something you have
        > first
        > hand knowledge about.
        >
        > So, which do you use... and why?

        My first foray into user-response forms was with the free form generator
        at http://www.response-o-matic.com. It worked. But, that was all it did.
        It just e-mails the user's choices/input to you in text form.

        Then, I went to BraveNet (http://www.bravenet.com). More flexible in what
        I could do with it, and just as simple to set up. The ad it required on
        the page was not very obtrusive, but it was still required to be there.

        Finally, I wanted such specific custom-built form handlers that I got some
        books and taught myself PHP/MySQL so that I could build my own, and that's
        what I use now - because I can get very specific in how I want the user's
        like using open source software.

        Michael Roush
        mdroush@...

        "The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect."
        -- Tim Berners-Lee, W3C Director and inventor of the World Wide Web

        http://mail.yahoo.com