RE: [HTML-on-the-WEB] Re: Validators?

  • Maria Marsala www.CoachMaria.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2006
      > That said, I think that too many people place too much
      importance on
      > validating. Validating is indeed just like a spell check. It
      will check
      > whether your page complies to the formal HTML specs, but that's
      all.

      Validating is so much more than that. It catches errors, such as
      a missing tag.. It tells you when tags are wrong (i.e. they're in
      caps, because you copied an affiliate code or something from some
      program). Etc.

      Personally, I want as many browsers to be able to view my code
      correctly as possible. And since I hand code, well, validators
      are a really good thing to have ;)

      Both HTML Kit and CSE have validators (i.e. tidy programs of
      some sort) included. Someone mentioned they'd never heard of such
      things. So here are some resources:

      HTML KIT http://www.chami.com/html-kit/

      CSE http://www.htmlvalidator.com/lite/ (this one does a bunch of
      pages at a time, same thing with it's spell check love it for
      that purpose!)

      W3 (do it one page at at time) http://validator.w3.org/

      Tidy http://tidy.sourceforge.net/

      Love to know about others that you're using...

      Plan today and profit tomorrow,

      Maria Marsala
      Author, Trainer, Consultant and former Wall Street Trader
      Learn more about how women who run financial, technology based
      and service-related
      businesses can accelerate profits and increase productivity --
      faster.

      Learn more at http://www.ElevatingYourBusiness.com

      P.S. Maria is available for teleseminars/webinars, radio/internet
      radio, television talk shows, media interviews, and as a guest
      educator at conferences with service professionals in attendance.