Inherited code mystery

  • Robin Chapple
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
      I have inherited a web page which includes this code:

      <!--webbot bot="Validation" s-data-type="Number"
      s-number-separators=",." b-value-required="TRUE" i-minimum-length="4"
      i-maximum-length="4" -->

      My first reaction was that it was a "Remark" but I am not sure.

      Does it have significance?

      Thanks,

      Robin

    • Bas van Hoorn
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
        Hi Robin,

        --

        Am I right in smelling a FrontPage-generated form?
      • Robin Chapple
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
          G'day Bas,

          The site has been through a phase with an FP user so that is highly probable.

          Is it a remark?

          Robin

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
            G'night mate,

            --"Is it a remark?"
            --

            Nah, it's a trigger for a FrontPage CGI validating module. Looks like in
            some stage some value was posted to the server that had to be a four-digit
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
              Thanks Bas,

              There is a four digit field associated but I can manage without FP extensions.

              Cheers,

              Robin

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 2, 2006
                --"Cheers"