frames/non-frames

  • Gordon Stewart
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2001
      > Message: 1
      > Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 13:46:29 -0000
      > From: "Morris R. MacIver"
      > <morrismaciver@...>
      > Subject: Re: Mouseovers and bandwidth
      >
      > Secondly, I'd like to explain why I use frames
      > rather than tables.
      > I used to have tables like described, but on
      > scrolling down the page,
      > there was a huge gap below the menu. I tried to code
      > under it, but
      > user text size makes it nearly impossible. If I need
      > to change my
      > menu, I have to do it in about 50 different pages,
      > which used to take
      > me more or less a whole day (using Geocities
      > marvellous editing
      > facilities).

      Does Geocities have 'SSI' - Find out - I use
      Hypermart & other sites - They use SSI - if Geocities
      has it - tell me & i'll help you with it..

      EG - if you have the same menu in 50 or so web-pages,
      you can change the menu HTML ONCE - & all 50 pages
      automatically change.

      - or - if you change websites (in future) - see if
      they support SSI - saves a LOT of time.

      Gopher

      =====
      new_zealand-help@yahoogroups.com