Re: [HTML-on-the-WEB] Graphics Request

  • Michael Roush
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
      --- Lokrin <lokrin@...> wrote:

      > I pulled a few icons off the web for testing and you can see
      > what they look like. However, I'd like to get a more matching set of
      > some kind. I would also like them to be generic enough to fit with the
      > different skins on the site.

      If you use Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc),
      you can go online to http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ and find loads
      of graphics you can use within their licensing guidelines. If you find a
      particular graphic you like, they conveniently group similar-looking
      graphics together so you can browse through them.

      Your favorite graphics editor should be able to perform the needed
      conversions (size, format, etc.)

      =====
      Michael Roush
      mdroush@...

      "The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect."
      -- Tim Berners-Lee, W3C Director and inventor of the World Wide Web

      http://my.yahoo.com
    • Thomas J. Hruska
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2005
        At 12:48 PM 2/2/2005 -0800, Lokrin writeth:
        >Michael Roush wrote:
        >
        >>--- Lokrin <lokrin@...> wrote:
        >>
        >>>I pulled a few icons off the web for testing and you can see
        >>>what they look like. However, I'd like to get a more matching set of
        >>>some kind. I would also like them to be generic enough to fit with the
        >>>different skins on the site.
        >>>

        >>If you use Microsoft Office products ...
        >>

        >Linux =P Also no comercial software and I still haven't figured out the
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        >Gimp.
        ^^^^

        Very few people have. It is an abundant assortment of odd windows that
        contain icons with no meaning. About the only thing I've found it good for
        is opening image files up that have obscure extensions and converting those
        images to normal extensions. Then I open the normal extension up in
        Photoshop.

        BTW, when I hear people say "the Gimp", it makes me think of some short
        person with a peg leg (or two) who lost the original leg(s) on a reality TV
        show where people swim with sharks to win a million dollars. I honestly
        have no idea why I think that.

        Thomas J. Hruska
        shinelight@...

        Shining Light Productions
        Home of the Nuclear Vision scripting language and ProtoNova web server.
        http://www.slproweb.com/
      • Lokrin
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 2, 2005
          Over on my weblog I have several categories (listed below). There is
          also a plugin that lets me show an icon based upon the entry's
          category. I pulled a few icons off the web for testing and you can see
          what they look like. However, I'd like to get a more matching set of
          some kind. I would also like them to be generic enough to fit with the
          different skins on the site. Can anyone help me? Formats can be .gif
          (including animated), .jpg or .png. However they can not be mixed.
          Also note the theme with the Ws. If that can be worked in, so much the
          better. And I prefer smaller icons. Say 25x25 max. I know this is
          asking a lot.
          ( http://weblog.lokrin.net )

          Thanks;

          Lokrin - The Ludicrous =P

          Everything
          - Wellbeing
          - - Depression
          - - Diabetes
          - - Feet
          - Weirdness
          - - Dreams
          - - Memories
          - Wonder
          - Website
          - - Weblog
          - - LDG
          - - Transfer
          - - Everyday Trickster
          - - - Inspiration
          - - - Humour
          - - - Stories
          - Work
          - - Hostile
          - Weekends
          - - Books
          - - Jokes
          - - Music
          - - Telly
          - Weblinks
        • Lokrin
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 2, 2005
            Michael Roush wrote:

            >--- Lokrin <lokrin@...> wrote:
            >

            >>I pulled a few icons off the web for testing and you can see
            >>what they look like. However, I'd like to get a more matching set of
            >>some kind. I would also like them to be generic enough to fit with the
            >>different skins on the site.
            >>

            >If you use Microsoft Office products ...

            Linux =P Also no comercial software and I still haven't figured out the
            Gimp.

            However, Ill give the link a try. Thanks.