Just to let you know...

  • Melinda Robinson, Dragon Spirit Computing
    Message 1 of 10 , May 2, 2004
      Hi all...

      We are going back to Dallas/Fort Worth, which we all HATE,
      tomorrow. We were wrongfully evicted -- a very long story, but it
      has to do with the guy who lives next door, the fact that we
      found out that he's dealing drugs, the threats he made against us
      and the fact that he and the landlady are close friends -- and we
      cannot afford to contest it; the cost to do that is horrendous
      and Legal Aid won't help in an eviction situation. Unlike other
      places, the law in Corpus Christi allows the landlord to take
      immediate possession of the property within 24 hours (or one
      business day) of the judgment. As the judgment was rendered on
      Friday, the landlady takes possession of our apartment tomorrow
      morning. We have tried to work something out with her, but she
      refuses to speak with either one of us.

      We thought we could find another apartment or even a house, but
      on such short notice it was impossible. We had planned to move
      within the week but we weren't give that much time.

      We are going to stay with my husband's father for awhile until we
      can figure out what to do next. He does have Internet access, and
      we will likely get our own access while there, so I won't
      completely fall off the face of the earth... at least not for
      very long.

      We do intend to return to Corpus Christi one day but I'm not sure
      how far in the future that will be. The next time, we'll do it
      all right.

      As soon as we get things straightened out a bit, I'll be back in
      touch with you. This is really rough on us, especially the kids,
      who are utterly devastated, and I'm sure we'll need a little time
      to decompress. Give me a few days or so to get situated and I'll
      try to drop you an e-mail to let you know what's going on.

      Ciao for now,
      Melinda
      "Imagine success...
      now make it real with DSC!"
      Dragon Spirit Computing -- http://www.DragonSpiritComputing.com/
      *** Web Development, Graphic Design, Marketing and More ***

      "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to
      live forever."
      -- Mahatma Gandhi
    • JoAn
      Message 2 of 10 , May 3, 2004
        I'm SO sorry, Meinda....

        MEAN PEOPLE SUCK!!

        "Melinda Robinson, Dragon Spirit Computing" <melinda@...> wrote:
[...]

        ~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~*~*~*~*~*
        For help, subscribe, unsubscribe info, archives:
        http://www.WebPage-Tools.com/htmldl.asp !!
        ~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~*~*~*~*~*

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT
        var lrec_target="_top";var lrec_URL = new Array();lrec_URL[1] = "http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129c0njms/M=295196.4901138.6050264.3001176/D=groups/S=1705006832:HM/EXP=1083642387/A=1874365/R=0/id=flashurl/SIG=118tuuldn/*http://companion.yahoo.com/?.cpdl=srch";var link="javascript:LRECopenWindow(1)";var lrec_flashfile = 'http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ya/yahoo_companion/302_v1_fin_lrec_01.swf?clickTAG='+link+'';var lrec_altURL = "http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129c0njms/M=295196.4901138.6050264.3001176/D=groups/S=1705006832:HM/EXP=1083642387/A=1874365/R=1/id=altimgurl/SIG=118tuuldn/*http://companion.yahoo.com/?.cpdl=srch";var lrec_altimg = "http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/ya/yahoo_companion/302_v1_fin_lrec_01.gif";var lrec_width = 300;var lrec_height = 250;

      • Gary Krockover
        Message 3 of 10 , May 3, 2004
          If the people next door were dealing drugs, then it's probably a blessing
          in disguise that you, your husband and especially your children are getting
          out of there. If the landlord supports or turns the other cheek on that
          type of behavior, then I would think it's best that you did leave.

          You should stop by Georgetown/Round Rock on your way up to Dallas, I just
          talked to our landlord, he has 1 acre 3 bedroom duplex for
          $750.00/month. All woods in the back, very nice.

          Good luck!
          GK

          At 10:46 PM 5/2/2004, you wrote:
          >Hi all...
          >
          >We are going back to Dallas/Fort Worth, which we all HATE,
          >tomorrow.
        • ~Pamela~

            Message 5 of 10 , May 3, 2004
              You should count your self lucky that you hadn't bought your home. We bought a townhouse in 91 and the next year we had a lady move in next store that dealt drugs, and not only did we have the regular thursday friday traffic, but also she had guys stay like she was running a hotel. (or who house)
              She wouldn't take care of her 3 kids. My husband and I use to sent coats and shoes for them or they would go without. Finally one of her guys was on lsd or something and tried to stop traffic on the boulevard, cursing FY! Till the police finally came. We tried to get an investigation going, but her first husband was a police officer and they wouldn't do anything. Said they had investigated her, spent many man hours and resources and couldn't find anything. But if we wanted to write the plates down of people who come and go they would be happy to look at it. I felt so stupid. He blew me off so badly. So I gave up and waited till SS bought her a house in another neighborhood.

              Laura
            • lokrin
              Message 6 of 10 , May 4, 2004
                Good luck. I've always found out in the past (usually several months
                down the line) that bad things usually turn out to be a good thing in
                the long run. At least you are getting away from the landlady and the
                neighbor. Consider yourself lucky in that respect.

                JoAn wrote:

                > I'm SO sorry, Meinda....
                >
                > MEAN PEOPLE SUCK!!
                >
                > "Melinda Robinson, Dragon Spirit Computing"
                > <melinda@...> wrote:
                > Hi all...
                >
                > We are going back to Dallas/Fort Worth, which we all HATE,
                > tomorrow. We were wrongfully evicted -- a very long story, but it
                > has to do with the guy who lives next door, the fact that we
                > found out that he's dealing drugs, the threats he made against us
                > and the fact that he and the landlady are close friends -- and we
                > cannot afford to contest it; the cost to do that is horrendous
                > and Legal Aid won't help in an eviction situation. Unlike other
                > places, the law in Corpus Christi allows the landlord to take
                > immediate possession of the property within 24 hours (or one
                > business day) of the judgment. As the judgment was rendered on
                > Friday, the landlady takes possession of our apartment tomorrow
                > morning. We have tried to work something out with her, but she
                > refuses to speak with either one of us.
                >
                > We thought we could find another apartment or even a house, but
                > on such short notice it was impossible. We had planned to move
                > within the week but we weren't give that much time.
                >
                > We are going to stay with my husband's father for awhile until we
                > can figure out what to do next. He does have Internet access, and
                > we will likely get our own access while there, so I won't
                > completely fall off the face of the earth... at least not for
                > very long.
                >
                > We do intend to return to Corpus Christi one day but I'm not sure
                > how far in the future that will be. The next time, we'll do it
                > all right.
                >
                > As soon as we get things straightened out a bit, I'll be back in
                > touch with you. This is really rough on us, especially the kids,
                > who are utterly devastated, and I'm sure we'll need a little time
                > to decompress. Give me a few days or so to get situated and I'll
                > try to drop you an e-mail to let you know what's going on.
                >
                > Ciao for now,
                > Melinda
              • lokrin
                Message 7 of 10 , May 4, 2004
                  If you have her personal email address, I would forward that straight to
                  her if I were you. She's probably too busy to check out groups for a
                  while, but may check personal messages.

                  Gary Krockover wrote:

                  > If the people next door were dealing drugs, then it's probably a blessing
                  > in disguise that you, your husband and especially your children are
                  > getting
                  > out of there. If the landlord supports or turns the other cheek on that
                  > type of behavior, then I would think it's best that you did leave.
                  >
                  > You should stop by Georgetown/Round Rock on your way up to Dallas, I just
                  > talked to our landlord, he has 1 acre 3 bedroom duplex for
                  > $750.00/month. All woods in the back, very nice.
                  >
                  > Good luck!
                  > GK

                • Gary Krockover
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 4, 2004
                    The only email address I have for her is the one that she uses for the
                    group, but I've just emailed that address (we've corresponded off list
                    before) with more information regarding the duplexes. Here's the small
                    website that I did for them in case anyone else is headed this way... =)
                    http://www.springhollowduplexes.com

                    GK