Here's a tricky one & Hello, btw !

  • tobez@freeuk.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2000
      Wotcha folks.

      Another Newbie to the list, I'm afraid!

      I have this design in mind, but for the life of me, I'm stumped as how to do it.

      Imagine a clockface, each number is a button/icon/link to another page. Bang in the middle appears a short description when the mouse rolls over each link.

      To get the links in a perfect circle, I'd need a large(ish) Gif, which is image mapped for each link - see www.detr.gov.uk for an example. But I don't think I can use 'onmouseover' when using an image map.

      The only way to attempt a circle when using 'onmouseover' is careful use of tables, yet my effort is still pretty far off - www.halfbaked.clara.net.

      Does anyone know how I could combine the onmouseover, of my www.halfbaked.clara.net, with the clarity of www.detr.gov.uk ?

      Ta in ad.

      Jack