DIV Tag Query...

  • gordon stewart
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2004
      http://www.steve.gb.com/perl/lesson20.html

      Hi there

      Im looking at the above page, (its about CGI Etc..) -
      & i want to copy the code & try it out on my PC..

      HOWEVER - When i try & copy the text - It wont let me
      - HOWEVER - It highlights whole paragraphs at one time
      (NOT the parts I want..)

      Ive looked at the code & see that most of it is
      included in DIV tags...

      - What effect does a DIV tag have - on copying ?
      IE, I try & highlight certain parts - & nothing - OR -
      it highlights everything - before that point I
      want....

      No worries - Ive looked at the source & got the code I
      want.

      Just curious.

      =====
      G-Man
      One OS to fool them all, One browser to find them.
      One email client to gather them in, and through the security holes, worm them.

      http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
    • Michael Roush
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2004
        --- gordon stewart <gordonisnz@...> wrote:

        > http://www.steve.gb.com/perl/lesson20.html
        >
        > HOWEVER - When i try & copy the text - It wont let me
        > - HOWEVER - It highlights whole paragraphs at one time
        > (NOT the parts I want..)

        It's a problem only in IE, I believe. I loaded the page with NN 4.8 and
        NN 7.1 and could select individual pieces of text just fine. If I had to
        guess, I would say it's a problem with how IE handles some CSS2 elements
        (namely, some positioning elements), but I'm probably wrong about that and
        someone else on the list will have the right answer.

        =====
        Michael Roush
        mdroush@...

        "The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect."
        -- Tim Berners-Lee, W3C Director and inventor of the World Wide Web

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2004
          --- Michael Roush <mdroush@...> wrote:

          It's a problem only in IE, I believe. I loaded the
          page with NN 4.8 and NN 7.1 and could select
          individual pieces of text just fine. If I had to
          guess, I would say it's a problem with how IE handles
          some CSS2 elements (namely, some positioning
          elements), but I'm probably wrong about that and
          someone else on the list will have the right answer.
          <

          Ok - No worries - I use IE...

          I'll know next time - but anyways - Ive got what i
          wanted..

          =====