Re: [HTML-on-the-WEB] Hi, I'm new with a question

  • Scottish 2
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
      Well if it was my guess I would say the links to your images are different but without a link to your website no way to know. But check the links to your images including spelling and capitalization as some programs I notice seem to like to change the capitalization of certain files. So check that plus send a link for a better answer.
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
        Hi, Scottish. Thank you for your reply. Yes, you are correct that some of
        the code was not correct but even after correcting the code, the photos were
        not uploading to AOL's FTP space. However, finally late last night, I went to a
        different FTP site and then uploaded to AOL's site from there and all the
        files uploaded without a hitch and the page is working fine. It's a simple page
        by anyone's standards but I am enjoying this new venture into learning about
        web pages, etc. even though it is so frustrating at times.

        I am enjoying reading the back posts from the list and will start a new page
        soon. Let's see what trouble I can get into with a new page.......hee-hee

        Thanks again.

        Pat

      • Scottish 2
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
          A site I find handy from time to time is this

          http://www.htmlgoodies.com

          They have some decent tutorials on HTML if you need a quick fix sometimes this is also a good site if no one can help here but for basic HTML most people here can help.
          Hi, Scottish. Thank you for your reply. Yes, you are correct that some of
          the code was not correct but even after correcting the code, the photos were
          not uploading to AOL's FTP space. However, finally late last night, I went to a
          different FTP site and then uploaded to AOL's site from there and all the
          files uploaded without a hitch and the page is working fine. It's a simple page
          by anyone's standards but I am enjoying this new venture into learning about
          web pages, etc. even though it is so frustrating at times.

          I am enjoying reading the back posts from the list and will start a new page
          soon. Let's see what trouble I can get into with a new page.......hee-hee

          Thanks again.

          Pat

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
            PS in the future though if you send a site link is the best and fastest way to get answers as some here can take a look and see what's happening. I know I have had troubles sometimes myself and sending a link in with my question helps as the helpers can see what I am doing and figure what it is I am missing. Sometimes a second pair of eyes helps.