Hello Ladies!

  • firefly.3013
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 27, 2010
      We have been out of the loop due to the chaos of life, but hope to get back into the swing of things very soon. We have missed seeing you all on Thursdays! We have a contract on a house in Edgefield and hope to close on the 5th of October. YAY!

      I wanted to ask the name of the church that has the homeschool day on Thursdays. If it is not too late I would like to get more information on it. If anyone could send me the contact information or point me in the right direction I would be extremely grateful.

      Thanks so much!
      Geneva Burton
      The Burton Brood
    • Jackee Simmons
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2010
        Hi Geneva:

        Congratulations on our purchase!  So exciting to be closing on your new home.

        I'm probably not the right person to answer your questions, but wanted to give you a big "YAHOO!!" for finding the right home for you and your family.

        Sincerely,

        Jackee Simmons (Mom of Sage 7 and Zach 5)

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 4, 2010
          Hi Geneva!
          I just wanted to say congrats on the new home! Where will you be living? I'm an Edgefieldian, too! :) It would be great if we lived close enough to visit. :)
          I plan on coming to the Thursday park day starting this week - as of yet I've not actually met anyone from this group. My oldest son (turning 8 in just 2 weeks) is looking forward to it!!!
          Stephanie

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 4, 2010
            Thank you! It's been a long road. It looks like we will not close tomorrow but we are praying for sometime this week. If not, it will be by October 15th if we do not run into any more problems. We are trying to purchase the old farmhouse on HWY 19 right before the Trenton crossroads. I would love to have everyone over for a play date.

            Does anyone know of that church that does Thursdays for HS kids? I am desperate for the information. Thanks so much! Hope to catch up with everyone on Thursday! I've been missing that time! Much to share.

            Thanks,

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 4, 2010
              Hi Geneva,

              Here is the info on the Thursday program:
                  Homeschool Advantage Program
              The HOMESCHOOL ADVANTAGE PROGRAM has started its second year. HAP is an enrichment center offering Kindergarten through 6th graders social interaction and enhancement to their homeschool education, as well as giving parents a short break. We offer PE, art, oral reports, writing in journals, science experiments, interactive games, projects, and activities related around our theme of studying the 7 continents each month, and put on a musical production in the spring. We meet on Thursdays from 9:30– 2:00. We have 3 teachers: Linda Anderson will teach 4th-6th grade, Carolyn McCoy will teach 2nd-3rd grade, and Kara Rogers will teach K & 1st grade. We meet at Southwind Fellowship Church (across from Chukker Creek Rd.) The cost is $100 registration fee ( $50 for each additional child) and & $70/month ($35/mth for each additional child) with the exception of August and May, which are half price. Contact Linda at 803-221-1038 or FCS@... for information.

              My boys are 7 & 5 and they love it. Please feel free to ask me anything. Welcome to the area!
              Kim Tuemler