Re: [HSinA] Strawberry Field Trip

    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 19, 2010
      Thanks Kim. Brandon and I will go.

      --- On Fri, 4/16/10, jandktuemler@... <jandktuemler@...> wrote:

      From: jandktuemler@... <jandktuemler@...>
      Subject: Re: [HSinA] Strawberry Field Trip
      To: HSinA@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Friday, April 16, 2010, 2:49 PM

      Weds the 21st :)

      On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 14:39:54 -0400
      I have set up a field trip to tour Gurosik's Strawberry Farm next Wednesday morning @ 10 am. We are joining another group so any number we bring is great! (All the Fridays are full for this year- so Weds was my second choice). The tour will last approximatly 1 hour and strawberry picking is included in the $6 price per child.
      Parents are free unless they wish to pick, then it is $3. Here is their website for more info:

      I apologize for the short notice. Please let me know if you can join us so I can give them an aproximate #.
      Thanks! Kim
    • jandktuemler@atlanticbb.net
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 19, 2010
        I can not fit anyone else in my compact, but if anyone else wants to organize a carpool that is cool! I can already taste the strawberrries!!! My cell is 295-2576 in case you need me.
        Kim

        On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 15:52:10 -0000
        "Andrea" <ablugrl@...> wrote:
        we'll be there. do we want to meet at park to caravan or just drive seperately?

        jandktuemler@... wrote:
        > I have set up a field trip to tour Gurosik's Strawberry Farm next Wednesday morning @ 10 am. We are joining another group so any number we bring is great!
        (All the Fridays are full for this year- so Weds was my second choice). The tour will last approximatly 1 hour and strawberry picking is included in the $6 price per child.
        > Parents are free unless they wish to pick, then it is $3. Here is their website for more info:
        >

        > I apologize for the short notice. Please let me know if you can join us so I can give them an aproximate #.
        > Thanks! Kim

      • Krystal
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 19, 2010
          Hey all, we have had family in from MI this past week and I've been sick with allergies...whew!! I'm way behind on so much!! And now I'm wondering.... is the strawberry field trip THIS wednesday?? I'd love to go and take Gabs but don't know if I can swing it. I still don't have a voice at all from sinus icks from allergies!!

          Thanks
          krystal
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 20, 2010
            We'll learn all about berries and can count it as a school day, right?  We'll be there.

            Linda, Sam, and Max

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 20, 2010
              We will be there also.

              Chris

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 20, 2010
                The directions are pretty simple: From I-20, take SC exit #1 (Highway 230). Travel North/ Right turn off exit ramp (toward Edgefield) for 6 miles to Sportsman Corner store (on your left). Turn right on Briggs Road there should be a sign. Travel three miles to the farm. For those with a GPS the address is 345 Briggs Rd, North Augusta, SC and their phone # is 803 278-0594.

                There is a shop with fruits, vegetables, sodas and crafty stuff as well as a covered picnic area if anyone wants to bring lunch. Sunscreen and a hat might be a good idea for picking. They do have the buckets there unless you have some from last year.

                I am planning to get there about 9:45 as we start the tour @ 10 and we are with another school group. The tour will last aprox 90 minutes.

                I will have my cellphone and look forward to seeing everyone!

                Kim
                295-2576