Fw: [AAHE] Georgia Environmental Education Field Studies for Homeschoolers this April

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 27, 2010

      --- On Fri, 3/26/10, Laura Paxton <plpaxton@...> wrote:

      From: Laura Paxton <plpaxton@...>
      Subject: Fw: [AAHE] Georgia Environmental Education Field Studies for Homeschoolers this April
      To: "Teresa Jara" <teresajara@...>
      Date: Friday, March 26, 2010, 10:27 AM

      --- On Tue, 3/23/10, Jill Potvin <j4mp5@...> wrote:

      From: Jill Potvin <j4mp5@...>
      To: aahe@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tuesday, March 23, 2010, 10:50 PM

      Georgia4-H: Environm ental Education Field Studies for Homeschool Families
      ***Please pass this email on to any other homeschool families you know that may be interested!* **
      There is still time to sign up for homeschool days at Georgia 4-H Centers this April.
      These are excellent environmental education programs exclusively for homeschooling families.  See the opportunities below.
      Classes, prices and exact schedule vary according to which 4-H Center you are visiting.  Follow the links below for more information.
      April 5-6 - Homeschool Days at Fortson 4-H Center, 770-946-3276
      *click here for registration information
      April 12-13 - Homeschool Days at Rock Eagle 4-H Center, 706-484-2800
      *click here for registration information
      April 14-16 - Homeschool Days at Wahsega 4-H Center, 706-864-2050
      *click here for registration information
      April 18-21 - Homeschool Days at Burton 4-H Center on Tybee Island, 912-786-5534
      *click here for registration information
      September (dates not set yet) Homeschool Days at Burton 4-H Center on Tybee Island, 912-786-5534

      ***Please pass this email on to any other homeschool families you know that may be interested!* **
      These are hands-on, experiential learning programs for the whole family.  Through environmental education, we aim to inspire youth with a love for learning by using the outdoors as a “classroom without walls” filled with unique learning opportunities.
      * Classes are designed for 5-17 year olds (children will be grouped with other children of similar ages)
      * Parents accompany their children to classes
      * Families will stay together in dormitories or cabins and eat delicious meals in our dining halls
      * Class offerings include topics such as marsh ecology, orienteering, herpetology, beach ecology, pioneer studies, etc.

      The Georgia 4-H Environmental Education Programs serve over 30,000 students in the southeast every year and over 800,000 students since its inception in 1979.  Operating September through May of each year, our five 4-H Centers provide opportunities throughout the state for high-quality day and residential educational experiences.  The Georgia 4-H Environmental Education Program is operated by the University of Georgia, College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences.

      *Click here for Georgia 4-H Environmental Education Webpage

      *Click here for promotional video about the Georgia 4-H Environmental Education Centers

    • Andrea
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 29, 2010
        i'd be interested in one of the first 2. let me know if anyone is going to either one.
        andrea