Re: [HSinA] zoo

    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 8, 2010
      That's funny. I'm glad she had so much fun. Were the animals out?

      From: teresa jara <teresajara@bellsout h.net>
      Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 15:31:55 -0800 (PST)
      To: Adam&Jennifer<violetsonparade@ bellsouth. net>; HSinA@yahoogroups. com<HSinA@yahoogroups. com>
      Subject: [HSinA] zoo

      How was the zoo?
    • cncbotts@bellsouth.net
      Message 2 of 26 , Feb 8, 2010

        There were more animals out than I've ever seen, not that I go much, but I can count on one finger how many times I've seen a tiger, before today.
        Cathie

        From: teresa jara <teresajara@bellsout h.net>
        Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 15:31:55 -0800 (PST)
        To: Adam&Jennifer<violetsonparade@ bellsouth. net>; HSinA@yahoogroups. com<HSinA@yahoogroups. com>

        How was the zoo?

        Message 3 of 26 , Feb 8, 2010
          Master's craziness?  What happens?

          Message 4 of 26 , Feb 20, 2010
            We'd like to participate. I don't think anyone's doing Brazil yet. If anyone is, please let me know. Otherwise we'll plan on that.

            Bethany
          • jandktuemler@atlanticbb.net
            Message 5 of 26 , Apr 28, 2010
              Thanks for organizing this Linda- we are looking forward to it!
              Kim

              On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 11:51:46 -0700 (PDT)
              Linda Johnson <linders_j@...> wrote:
              Dear homeschoolers,

              We have a date, we have a location, for Passport Around the World.

              When: Wednesday May 26th, from 2 to 3:30 pm.  You can arrive any time after 1:30 to set up.
              Where: The meeting room at the Aiken County library (main branch) on Whiskey Road.
              What:  Passport Around the World is a chance for each family to choose a country and make an educational display about that country.  Everyone then goes around an checks out the displays.

              When our family has done this in the past, the displays were quite varied.  Posters or tri-boards with maps, written info (history, culture, climate), pictures of the flora, fauna, and famous sites (either photos or copies off the Internet).  Money, clothing, toys, books, and trinkets from the country.  3-D salt maps.  Games.  Samples of national food.  Some displays were rather extravagant (if someone had actually been there), others very simple - just a few pictures.  A couple people talked about their display, most just let people look.  This is not a contest, just something for fun!

              I will be making passports for all kids attending and they will get them checked off at each display.  If you would like, bring stickers or a rubber stamp related to your country for the passports - or you can just write in the passport.

              There will be tables there to put things on.  And families who don't want to do a display, you can come, too!  The more the merrier.

              Here are the families I have participating so far and their countries:

              Johnsons - China
              David - United Arab Emirates
              Alex - Italy
              Thompson - Turkey
              Kim and boys - Canada
              Kristin - Indonesia
              Brandon - Greece
              Bethany - Brazil

              Others?

              Thanks, Linda

              Message 6 of 26 , May 26, 2010
                Thank you Linda for setting that up for us at the library> The Kids did a great job. FUN Event. Sorry we had to scoot out early. Brandon took medicine and is asleep on the couch:(
                I hope your dog comes home.
              • Amy T
                Message 7 of 26 , May 27, 2010
                  Yes, thanks so much Linda! It was fun to see all the hard work all of the kids did. I have a question - could I get copies (digital) of pictures? I remembered *almost* everything I was supposed to bring, except the camera. :o) If you could email them to me, I would appreciate it!

                  Thanks again for such a great activity!

                  Message 8 of 26 , May 27, 2010
                    Everyone did a wonderful job! Thank you Linda! I am looking forward to making this an annual event!
                    Kim