Wild Turkey Federation Field Trip

  • kiloyd
    Message 1 of 23 , Sep 14, 2013
      I am planning a field trip to the Wild Turkey Center in Edgefield. Friday, Oct. 18th in the morning. I am thinking start at 10:00 for a guided tour. Cost is $5 per adult and $3 per child. We need 10 children for the tour.

      If you want to go let me know the ages. If we have a lot I'll ask for two tours, one for younger and one for older. I'll have a 7th, 3rd, and 1st grader.

      Thinking we can do the guided tour then picnic and take a short hike for those that want to.

      Katherine
    • Bonnie Boucek
      Message 2 of 23 , Sep 14, 2013
        I will have a 6th grader and 2 7th graders.  :)

        Bonnie Boucek
        drkkali@...

        Message 3 of 23 , Sep 24, 2013
          Are there no other takers for this trip?

          Message 4 of 23 , Sep 24, 2013
            Already went 2 years ago. It was worth going to, but Tyler doesn't want to go again. Sorry!

            Sent from my iPhone

            Message 5 of 23 , Sep 24, 2013
              Did you get a tour or do it yourself?  It looks like if we don't do a tour it will still be good.

              Message 6 of 23 , Sep 24, 2013
                How long would the field trip take? My son has a doctor's appointment that afternoon @ 3. If we could be back by then, I'll add my two ... 1st & 3rd grade.

                Carol

                Message 7 of 23 , Sep 24, 2013
                  We did it ourselves. It was fine. Lots of hands on and push buttons to hear about each exhibit. Things to read also. Picnic area and grass to play on.

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  Message 8 of 23 , Sep 24, 2013
                    I don't know if I posted.  I'll have 1 6th grader and 2 7th graders.

                    Bonnie Boucek
                    drkkali@...

                    Message 9 of 23 , Sep 24, 2013
                      The guide said to allow 1 -1 1/2 hours. If you add your two then we'd have 8. We need 10 for the guided tour.

                      It sounds like from what Mary said if we do the tour ourselves that will be educational and fun too.

                      Katherine

                      Message 10 of 23 , Sep 24, 2013
                        I just posted this to two lists on Facebook for this area.  Let's see if we get a bit more interest.

                        Bonnie Boucek
                        drkkali@...

                        Message 11 of 23 , Sep 29, 2013
                          Please go ahead and count Brennan (3rd grade) and Autumn (1st grade) in the count. I think the kids will enjoy it!