Post Office field trip?

  • kiloyd
    Message 1 of 23 , Sep 5, 2013

      Wondering if there is any interest in a field trip to a post office. I'll plan one for later in the fall if there is.

      Katherine
    • Bonnie Boucek
      Message 2 of 23 , Sep 7, 2013
        It would depend on what they did.

        Bonnie Boucek
        drkkali@...

        Wondering if there is any interest in a field trip to a post office. I'll plan one for later in the fall if there is.

        Katherine
      • oberiahaines
        Message 3 of 23 , Sep 10, 2013
          Thanks!  I made plans with my sister in law, this week, but I’ll try to do the following Thursday.  :-)

          Sent from Windows Mail

          Message 4 of 23 , Sep 14, 2013
            I am planning a field trip to the Wild Turkey Center in Edgefield. Friday, Oct. 18th in the morning. I am thinking start at 10:00 for a guided tour. Cost is $5 per adult and $3 per child. We need 10 children for the tour.

            If you want to go let me know the ages. If we have a lot I'll ask for two tours, one for younger and one for older. I'll have a 7th, 3rd, and 1st grader.

            Thinking we can do the guided tour then picnic and take a short hike for those that want to.

            Katherine
          • Bonnie Boucek
            Message 5 of 23 , Sep 14, 2013
              I will have a 6th grader and 2 7th graders.  :)

              Bonnie Boucek
              drkkali@...

              Message 6 of 23 , Sep 24, 2013
                Are there no other takers for this trip?

                Message 7 of 23 , Sep 24, 2013
                  Already went 2 years ago. It was worth going to, but Tyler doesn't want to go again. Sorry!

                  Sent from my iPhone

                    Message 9 of 23 , Sep 24, 2013
                      How long would the field trip take? My son has a doctor's appointment that afternoon @ 3. If we could be back by then, I'll add my two ... 1st & 3rd grade.

                      Carol

                      Message 10 of 23 , Sep 24, 2013
                        We did it ourselves. It was fine. Lots of hands on and push buttons to hear about each exhibit. Things to read also. Picnic area and grass to play on.

                        Sent from my iPhone

                        Message 11 of 23 , Sep 24, 2013
                          I don't know if I posted.  I'll have 1 6th grader and 2 7th graders.

                          Bonnie Boucek
                          drkkali@...

                          Message 12 of 23 , Sep 24, 2013
                            The guide said to allow 1 -1 1/2 hours. If you add your two then we'd have 8. We need 10 for the guided tour.

                            It sounds like from what Mary said if we do the tour ourselves that will be educational and fun too.

                            Katherine

                            Message 13 of 23 , Sep 24, 2013
                              I just posted this to two lists on Facebook for this area.  Let's see if we get a bit more interest.

                              Bonnie Boucek
                              drkkali@...

                              Message 14 of 23 , Sep 29, 2013
                                Please go ahead and count Brennan (3rd grade) and Autumn (1st grade) in the count. I think the kids will enjoy it!