Re: [HSinA] New to Aiken, new to homeschooling

  • Bonnie Boucek
    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 22 10:59 AM
      We would love to go to the Turkey Fed..  6th and 7th graders here.

      Bonnie Boucek
      drkkali@...

      Message 2 of 23 , Aug 22 6:52 PM
        Okay, then my goal for next week is to call them.

        Katherine

        Message 3 of 23 , Sep 5, 2013

          Me, too.   I have a 2nd grader and a boy going on 4 (starting preK), and I'm about 9mo pregnant with number 3.  Of course, it may just be pregnancy brain, but as I'm browsing through all the posts, I seem to be missing one important detail--

          What time on Thursdays?  I can do O'dell Weeks, I'm sure, but I don't know what time to be there.

          Thanks in advance!!!

          -Bear

          --- In hsina@yahoogroups.com, <kiloyd@...> wrote:

          Okay, then my goal for next week is to call them.

          Katherine

          We would love to go to the Turkey Fed..  6th and 7th graders here.

          Bonnie Boucek
          drkkali@...

          I am hsing my 1st grader and have 3rd and 7th graders in public school.

          We pretty much just do the park but field trips can be planned. I am considering planning one to the Wild Turkey Center in Edgefield.

          Katherine

          Hi there! I'd love more information on this group. I see you meet Thursdays at the park. Are there other activities also? I will be homeschooling my 6th-grade daughter this year. I have two other children in public elementary school, 2nd and 5th. Any info is greatly appreciated!

          Thanks,
          Ruth

        • Stephanie Dunatov
          Message 4 of 23 , Sep 5, 2013
            Good morning! Come to the park around noon.There should be plenty of new friends to meet! Hope to see you there...

            Message 5 of 23 , Sep 5, 2013
              Thursdays about 10:00-2:00.
              Katherine

              We would love to go to the Turkey Fed..  6th and 7th graders here.

              Bonnie Boucek
              drkkali@...

              I am hsing my 1st grader and have 3rd and 7th graders in public school.

              We pretty much just do the park but field trips can be planned. I am considering planning one to the Wild Turkey Center in Edgefield.

              Katherine

              Hi there! I'd love more information on this group. I see you meet Thursdays at the park. Are there other activities also? I will be homeschooling my 6th-grade daughter this year. I have two other children in public elementary school, 2nd and 5th. Any info is greatly appreciated!

              Thanks,
              Ruth

            • Aly

                Message 7 of 23 , Sep 5, 2013

                  Wondering if there is any interest in a field trip to a post office. I'll plan one for later in the fall if there is.

                  Katherine
                • Bonnie Boucek
                  Message 8 of 23 , Sep 7, 2013
                    It would depend on what they did.

                    Bonnie Boucek
                    drkkali@...

                    Wondering if there is any interest in a field trip to a post office. I'll plan one for later in the fall if there is.

                    Katherine
                  • oberiahaines
                    Message 9 of 23 , Sep 10, 2013
                      Thanks!  I made plans with my sister in law, this week, but I’ll try to do the following Thursday.  :-)

                      Sent from Windows Mail

                      Message 10 of 23 , Sep 14, 2013
                        I am planning a field trip to the Wild Turkey Center in Edgefield. Friday, Oct. 18th in the morning. I am thinking start at 10:00 for a guided tour. Cost is $5 per adult and $3 per child. We need 10 children for the tour.

                        If you want to go let me know the ages. If we have a lot I'll ask for two tours, one for younger and one for older. I'll have a 7th, 3rd, and 1st grader.

                        Thinking we can do the guided tour then picnic and take a short hike for those that want to.

                        Katherine
                      • Bonnie Boucek
                        Message 11 of 23 , Sep 14, 2013
                          I will have a 6th grader and 2 7th graders.  :)

                          Bonnie Boucek
                          drkkali@...

                          Message 12 of 23 , Sep 24, 2013
                            Are there no other takers for this trip?

                            Message 13 of 23 , Sep 24, 2013
                              Already went 2 years ago. It was worth going to, but Tyler doesn't want to go again. Sorry!

                              Sent from my iPhone

                              Message 14 of 23 , Sep 24, 2013
                                Did you get a tour or do it yourself?  It looks like if we don't do a tour it will still be good.

                                Message 15 of 23 , Sep 24, 2013
                                  How long would the field trip take? My son has a doctor's appointment that afternoon @ 3. If we could be back by then, I'll add my two ... 1st & 3rd grade.

                                  Carol

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Sep 24, 2013
                                    We did it ourselves. It was fine. Lots of hands on and push buttons to hear about each exhibit. Things to read also. Picnic area and grass to play on.

                                    Sent from my iPhone

                                    Message 17 of 23 , Sep 24, 2013
                                      I don't know if I posted.  I'll have 1 6th grader and 2 7th graders.

                                      Bonnie Boucek
                                      drkkali@...

                                      Message 18 of 23 , Sep 24, 2013
                                        The guide said to allow 1 -1 1/2 hours. If you add your two then we'd have 8. We need 10 for the guided tour.

                                        It sounds like from what Mary said if we do the tour ourselves that will be educational and fun too.

                                        Katherine

                                        Message 19 of 23 , Sep 24, 2013
                                          I just posted this to two lists on Facebook for this area.  Let's see if we get a bit more interest.

                                          Bonnie Boucek
                                          drkkali@...

                                          Message 20 of 23 , Sep 29, 2013
                                            Please go ahead and count Brennan (3rd grade) and Autumn (1st grade) in the count. I think the kids will enjoy it!