New to Aiken, new to homeschooling

  • ruthrobertson3
    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 22, 2013
      Hi there! I'd love more information on this group. I see you meet Thursdays at the park. Are there other activities also? I will be homeschooling my 6th-grade daughter this year. I have two other children in public elementary school, 2nd and 5th. Any info is greatly appreciated!

      Thanks,
      Ruth
    • Robin Guy
      Message 2 of 23 , Aug 22, 2013
        Welcome! Come to the park and meet us. There are several moms who have kids both home schooled & public schooled, and there are many different groups that break off to do activities and socializing. We would love to get you plugged in to what's going on!

        Robin

        Message 3 of 23 , Aug 22, 2013
          Welcome! Hope to meet you today.

          I am hsing my 1st grader and have 3rd and 7th graders in public school.

          We pretty much just do the park but field trips can be planned. I am considering planning one to the Wild Turkey Center in Edgefield.

          Katherine

          Hi there! I'd love more information on this group. I see you meet Thursdays at the park. Are there other activities also? I will be homeschooling my 6th-grade daughter this year. I have two other children in public elementary school, 2nd and 5th. Any info is greatly appreciated!

          Thanks,
          Ruth

        • Bonnie Boucek
          Message 4 of 23 , Aug 22, 2013
            We would love to go to the Turkey Fed..  6th and 7th graders here.

            Bonnie Boucek
            drkkali@...

            Message 5 of 23 , Aug 22, 2013
              Okay, then my goal for next week is to call them.

              Katherine

              Message 6 of 23 , Sep 5, 2013

                Me, too.   I have a 2nd grader and a boy going on 4 (starting preK), and I'm about 9mo pregnant with number 3.  Of course, it may just be pregnancy brain, but as I'm browsing through all the posts, I seem to be missing one important detail--

                What time on Thursdays?  I can do O'dell Weeks, I'm sure, but I don't know what time to be there.

                Thanks in advance!!!

                -Bear

                --- In hsina@yahoogroups.com, <kiloyd@...> wrote:

                Okay, then my goal for next week is to call them.

                Katherine

                We would love to go to the Turkey Fed..  6th and 7th graders here.

                Bonnie Boucek
                drkkali@...

                I am hsing my 1st grader and have 3rd and 7th graders in public school.

                We pretty much just do the park but field trips can be planned. I am considering planning one to the Wild Turkey Center in Edgefield.

                Katherine

                Hi there! I'd love more information on this group. I see you meet Thursdays at the park. Are there other activities also? I will be homeschooling my 6th-grade daughter this year. I have two other children in public elementary school, 2nd and 5th. Any info is greatly appreciated!

                Thanks,
                Ruth

              • Stephanie Dunatov

                  Message 8 of 23 , Sep 5, 2013
                    Thursdays about 10:00-2:00.
                    Katherine

                    We would love to go to the Turkey Fed..  6th and 7th graders here.

                    Bonnie Boucek
                    drkkali@...

                    I am hsing my 1st grader and have 3rd and 7th graders in public school.

                    We pretty much just do the park but field trips can be planned. I am considering planning one to the Wild Turkey Center in Edgefield.

                    Katherine

                    Hi there! I'd love more information on this group. I see you meet Thursdays at the park. Are there other activities also? I will be homeschooling my 6th-grade daughter this year. I have two other children in public elementary school, 2nd and 5th. Any info is greatly appreciated!

                    Thanks,
                    Ruth

                  • Aly

                      Message 10 of 23 , Sep 5, 2013

                        Wondering if there is any interest in a field trip to a post office. I'll plan one for later in the fall if there is.

                        Katherine
                      • Bonnie Boucek
                        Message 11 of 23 , Sep 7, 2013
                          It would depend on what they did.

                          Bonnie Boucek
                          drkkali@...

                          Wondering if there is any interest in a field trip to a post office. I'll plan one for later in the fall if there is.

                          Katherine
                        • oberiahaines
                          Message 12 of 23 , Sep 10, 2013
                            Thanks!  I made plans with my sister in law, this week, but I’ll try to do the following Thursday.  :-)

                            Sent from Windows Mail

                            Message 13 of 23 , Sep 14, 2013
                              I am planning a field trip to the Wild Turkey Center in Edgefield. Friday, Oct. 18th in the morning. I am thinking start at 10:00 for a guided tour. Cost is $5 per adult and $3 per child. We need 10 children for the tour.

                              If you want to go let me know the ages. If we have a lot I'll ask for two tours, one for younger and one for older. I'll have a 7th, 3rd, and 1st grader.

                              Thinking we can do the guided tour then picnic and take a short hike for those that want to.

                              Katherine
                            • Bonnie Boucek
                              Message 14 of 23 , Sep 14, 2013
                                I will have a 6th grader and 2 7th graders.  :)

                                Bonnie Boucek
                                drkkali@...

                                Message 15 of 23 , Sep 24, 2013
                                  Are there no other takers for this trip?

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Sep 24, 2013
                                    Already went 2 years ago. It was worth going to, but Tyler doesn't want to go again. Sorry!

                                    Sent from my iPhone

                                      Message 18 of 23 , Sep 24, 2013
                                        How long would the field trip take? My son has a doctor's appointment that afternoon @ 3. If we could be back by then, I'll add my two ... 1st & 3rd grade.

                                        Carol

                                        Message 19 of 23 , Sep 24, 2013
                                          We did it ourselves. It was fine. Lots of hands on and push buttons to hear about each exhibit. Things to read also. Picnic area and grass to play on.

                                          Sent from my iPhone

                                          Message 20 of 23 , Sep 24, 2013
                                            I don't know if I posted.  I'll have 1 6th grader and 2 7th graders.

                                            Bonnie Boucek
                                            drkkali@...

                                            Message 21 of 23 , Sep 24, 2013
                                              The guide said to allow 1 -1 1/2 hours. If you add your two then we'd have 8. We need 10 for the guided tour.

                                              It sounds like from what Mary said if we do the tour ourselves that will be educational and fun too.

                                              Katherine

                                              Message 22 of 23 , Sep 24, 2013
                                                I just posted this to two lists on Facebook for this area.  Let's see if we get a bit more interest.

                                                Bonnie Boucek
                                                drkkali@...

                                                Message 23 of 23 , Sep 29, 2013
                                                  Please go ahead and count Brennan (3rd grade) and Autumn (1st grade) in the count. I think the kids will enjoy it!